Thread: Makers Mark 46...

Default Makers Mark 46...

Has anyone tried this yet? What do you think about it? How does it compare to regular Makers?

I would try it myself, but, I haven't been able to find a bar that carries it and I'm not too fond of spending $40+ dollars on a bottle of whiskey that I've never tried...
    Quote Originally Posted by birdboy View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you ever sneak out of the house or do something you weren't supposed to do when you were growing up? Did anyone cut your balls off because of it?

Yeah I have been wanting to get a bottle.

What say you HighStrung?

My guess is that is fucking delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by quackersncheez View Post
    I'm not too fond of spending $40+ dollars on a bottle of whiskey that I've never tried...
    You dont drink many single malt scotches do you?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

It will get the job done.

I prefer Knob Creek.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

It is good, has a little more flavor than regular Makers. I still prefer Woodfords.

I enjoyed the bottle I had. I prefer Elijah Craig 18 yr. I'd buy it again for a change, but am on a scotch kick thanks to Highstrung. Then again, I put the cork back in a lot sooner than I used to. A bottle lasts a while around the house these days.

No BB, I dare say that I don't believe I've ever had any scotch. Can't really say for sure though. Don't know anybody that drinks it.
    Quote Originally Posted by birdboy View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you ever sneak out of the house or do something you weren't supposed to do when you were growing up? Did anyone cut your balls off because of it?

It's a breakfast bourbon- I found it to be extremely sweet. That said, my bottle emptied itself in short order.

I'll second the vote for Knob Creek. If you want something with bounce, procure yourself a bottle of barrel strength knob.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    It will get the job done.

I prefer Knob Creek.
    What he said!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Gumbo View Post
    It's a breakfast bourbon- I found it to be extremely sweet. That said, my bottle emptied itself in short order.

I'll second the vote for Knob Creek. If you want something with bounce, procure yourself a bottle of barrel strength knob.
    x2 Anybody tried their 9 year yet??

Warms my heart to hear love for My favorite and 2nd favorite liquor. Knobby Creek and EJ18 are goodness.

I am huge Makers fan, Got my name on a barrel at the distillery in Ky. 46 is Good, just a tad different taste than Regular Makers. It is hard to find in bars... Knob Creek is my second..
    "There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period." ...Ted Nugent

Workin' over a bottle of '46 now. About 2 days into it.

I bounce between Woodford, Bulliet, '46 and Basil/Hayden.