Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on Death Penalty

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    It's also more expensive to put someone to death than give them life in prison.
    Of course it isn't really though. That is just another weak construct of weak men...

It’s should also be expanded to include prosecutors who withhold exculpatory evidence.

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-new...6698542b9a16e3
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

If I read that right, it was the cops who fabricated evidence and withheld exculpatory evidence, not the prosecutor.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Ahh. I’ve only heard the narrative. Thanks for that.
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    It needs to be expanded and carried out in a short period of time. Being on death row for 25 years is ridiculous. I will say give them a chance for appeal and if they loose again execute them the next morning at sun rise. Things that should be included murder, molestation or abuse of children, being a professional criminal (3 strike rule), terrorism, and selling, distributing, or manufacturing drugs.

Remind me never to vote for you if you run for office.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Remind me never to vote for you if you run for office.
    I'd vote for him, if he excluded my glaucoma prevention medicine of course

If someone robs a convenience store 3x, they’re a piece of shit … It will be hard to convince me they should be put to death. Same with your neighborhood herb dealer/grower.

Murder and molestation I’m on board with.

If someone robs a convenience store 3x, they’re a piece of shit … It will be hard to convince me they should be put to death. Same with your neighborhood herb dealer/grower.

I agree. Need to go back to old time punishments. Steal...lose a hand. That kind of stuff would bring folks in line real quick.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

That is rational. The current Supreme Court of the United States would agree.

Watch what happens next...

Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Saw that but Owens actually killed another guy in a cell with him (in for a traffic violation if I am correct) but stabbing him in the eyes and face with a pen, when asked WHY he killed him statement was "Well he didn't fight back"

So either way I would assume justice is served according the the law

Should be used WAY MORE OFTEN! The point is to deter right... so lets deter. Here are my thoughts on it all.

-They have okayed the use of heavy drugs to help those dying pass over. No issues at all with this and have helped 100's with this.
    -They allow assisted suicide, and my state allows it a lot. Have a diagnosis that applies and you sign all the liability lines, you get your little cocktail and go right to sleep and never wake up.
    -Abortion is still in full swing across the country. Its a disaster right now, but its still not illegal.

So we allow the killing of the old, we allow the killing of the unborn, and we allow the killing of the sick. WHY IN THE HELL ARE WE SO PROTECTIVE OF THESE MURDERS and criminals??? I think clear cut, no questions about it, then we hang them and we do it quickly.
    Last edited by flashman252; Today at 10:08 AM.

I think we can all agree, he won't shoot anyone else's sister, daughter or mom in the face
    Last edited by ecu1984; Today at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Saw that but Owens actually killed another guy in a cell with him (in for a traffic violation if I am correct) but stabbing him in the eyes and face with a pen, when asked WHY he killed him statement was "Well he didn't fight back"

So either way I would assume justice is served according the the law
    Don’t let the title of that article I posted mislead you about my thoughts on the situation.

If he killed another inmate I have little doubt he killed Irene Graves, he confessed to both.

Lotta stuff to unpack in that article,

If what is said about his childhood is true it sounds like he came into this world with the cards stacked against him but at some point he is responsible for his actions.

He killed another inmate for basically “just because”. I thought the conversion to Islam was interesting. If he was truly believing in that he probably had unwavering hatred toward people like you and I.

Have to say I’m surprised by the number of protesters and the vigil as well. The picture of the young woman protester sitting down crying at the gate. Gotta say, hard for me to comprehend crying for someone I’ve never met who committed crimes against people I ever knew, and that “pastor” wearing the rainbow flag, as loony as people like her are it appears she’s showing a lot more compassion towards the offender and the situation than most evangelical Christians do.

There’s a lot to think about there once you start to think about it.

But at the end of the day I would say I support the death penalty in certain situations or with stipulations such as a confession or undeniable evidence.
    Last edited by Duck cutter; Today at 02:10 PM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I’ve been a juror on a murder trial and it is something I hope I never have to do again.