Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Classic Browning A5's....

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    well i'm just gonna be fucking wrong all day today, I guess.
    Take your hand out of your pants and you can just be regularly wrong today.

IMG_6299.jpg
    IMG_6302.jpgIMG_6302.jpg
    Fortunate enough to have had this one passed down. The SA22 bought with it has blonde wood also. I’m not sure that they have ever been shot. Which is a shame.
    Last edited by AnythingFeathers; Today at 12:18 PM.

Anyone have any spare barrels (Belgium or Jap) laying around they would part with? Prefer vent rib but could also use a Belgium plain barrel. Also interested in a Light twenty and Sweet Sixteen.

I shot my first deer with my dad's Belgium light twelve, which I inherited when Dad passed. My dad bought it from my grandfather (mom's dad) when Dad was dating my mom.

I also inherited a mint model 12 that I've never shot. I've never shot a pump enough to get used to it. I shoot once and bend the trigger trying to get off that second shot. The bird is gone before I remember to pump it. I also have a sweet little 20 guage BPS Upland Special that I love the feel of and wish I could get comfortable with.

I bought an 1100 with the money my grandfather gave me for graduating high school so I have a soft spot for them too but I still think of them as an economy grade gun. The old Brownings were much better made and finished guns.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Anyone have any spare barrels (Belgium or Jap) laying around they would part with? Prefer vent rib but could also use a Belgium plain barrel. Also interested in a Light twenty and Sweet Sixteen.
    Yeah I’ve been looking every now and then also. Would love to find a 28” I could shoot steel through.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yeah I’ve been looking every now and then also. Would love to find a 28” I could shoot steel through.
    The Jap barrels are ok with steel. Do not shoot steel in Belgium barrels. The Barrel Exchange has them but they are proud of them.

The Jap barrels are ok with steel. Do not shoot steel in Belgium barrels. The Barrel Exchange has them but they are proud of them.
    They are stout for sure. I recently picked up another Belgium Mag with an extra 28" barrel, made my day.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    well i'm just gonna be fucking wrong all day today, I guess.
    the wingmaster is ok. otherwise an 870 is just an 870. the 1100 is even better.
    granted, I have certain tastes in pump guns. i grew up shooting every bottom eject they made. dad was a lefty. the model12 has the best lines.

next thing you know i'm gonna have to suffer thru pics of people with their Novas. talk about ugly....
    I don't disagree with you with the certain taste in pump guns. But you can just be wrong for today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

And will a jap barrel fit on a Belgian?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

It should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/