Thread: Wifi hotspot for the car?

Default Wifi hotspot for the car?

Anybody using one? Recommendations on hardware and network?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I’ve never understood the purpose. What are you trying to connect that a phone won’t do?

I use my mobile hotspot feature on my Verizon cell. No issues with streaming or teams meetings

Yeah. What are trying to do? When my kids were little if we/they needed to stream something they just connected to my mobile hotspot. No need to pay for something extra for the vehicle.

Good and tough questions. I never really considered that I could use both my phone and mobile hotspot simultaneously. I'll have to check that and see.

I work remote for a company HQ'ed in Chicago. Because of the time zone, I lose an hour of deer time for some afternoon meetings so I was thinking a hotspot in the car would let me take a Teams meeting at the club rather than at the house then lose hunting time driving to the club. Another thought, although I haven't studied coverage maps, was that I only get marginal coverage at the club and then only in a few places so having a second provider might provide better coverage. I'll check and see if I can call and use the hotspot at the same time.
    Last edited by Rubberhead*; 08-22-2024 at 07:08 AM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Good and tough questions. I never really considered that I could use both my phone and mobile hotspot simultaneously. I'll have to check that and see.
    Shoot, that is all I had at the house for a decade. It used to cost about $400 a month in fees to read this drivel...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Shoot, that is all I had at the house for a decade. It used to cost about $400 a month in fees to read this drivel...
    I LOL'ed. I don't do that often, thank you. Oh, and, by the way, I ain't payin' $400/month for this, I'll use my phone if that's the case. I was thinking more like $50/month.

I LOL'ed. I don't do that often, thank you. Oh, and, by the way, I ain't payin' $400/month for this, I'll use my phone if that's the case. I was thinking more like $50/month.
    I had it with AT&T for $23 a month.

Now I have it through OnStar for $20 a month.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

It's included free from data usage charges these days, now that I don't need it. Sons a...

I jump on teams meetings all the time from my cellphone. Don't need the laptop fired up at all. Just download the teams app to your phone. I doubt your coverage will be any different if you have a hotspot in the truck unless it's pinging a different tower.

All My GM trucks have it and I pay 15 a month CD. You got to tell them that is what you will pay. They tried that 20 bs on me every new truck I get.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    All My GM trucks have it and I pay 15 a month CD. You got to tell them that is what you will pay. They tried that 20 bs on me every new truck I get.
    But WHY?

Sent via Galaxy s23 Ultra using Tapatalk

But if you’re feeling froggy…I believe that starlink now has a mobile WiFi system that you can take with you. That’d be the ticket.