Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Dove Club

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ^sounds like a good deal

do you have the proper accoutrements? Maybe HS needs to outfit you properly?

(see the trklklr thread for the proper leafy wear)
    Don’t take a pump, shoot more than 35 times or short britches to a dove hunt with any involvements to Camden..

You will be ostracized.. Didn’t happen to me, but I still have a friend that is on the outside looking in..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

The field is in Kingstree off Thurgood Marshall.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Don’t take a pump, shoot more than 35 times or short britches to a dove hunt with any involvements to Camden..

You will be ostracized.. Didn’t happen to me, but I still have a friend that is on the outside looking in..
    Why no Pump actions?? Nothing more fun than shooting doves with a M12... by God.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Best public land killers in my experience have shot pumps!
    Low country redneck who moved north

today's pump shotguns are for neanderthals. Proper weaponry is either form of double barrels (stacked or SxS) or a proper pump gun (model 12 or possibly a certain ithaca). It shall not have digital camo, or ANY camo on it, for that matter. Engraving (with gold) on the receiver is smiled upon.

You should have ONE box of shells. If I have to remind you the proper limit is 12, you wont be invited back. After missing half the time, you should immediately exit the field after 25 shots. This is not rocket science. If i have to tell you NOT to shoot at that dove 50yds away bc you suck at hitting it, you may be asked to leave earlier. If i put you on a power pole, I expect you to finish after the 15th dove flies by, immediately grab your shit and leave. You should already have your spent shells put away. If i find a bunch of silly high brass 12ga 6s next to that pole when I plow, I lose your number all together.

HS wears shorts. But "shorts" do not show your codsack or tan line. They should be of the proper length.

what happened to that thread on etiquette....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

and i'm right. 100% right. If you dont think I am, ask me to take you dove hunting so you'll know what I really think about you.

(just wait. HS will be along after his 18 holes and a bubble bath to agree with me)

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Why no Pump actions?? Nothing more fun than shooting doves with a M12... by God.
    just saw this and you're correct. I am betting pbiz took a Benelli Nova. If you own one, dont call me. EVER.

or bring one to my field so I can hand you $200 and throw it in the pond where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    The field is in Kingstree off Thurgood Marshall.
    Is the farmer’s name Hugh?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Model 12's are always allowed but preferably they should be chambered in 16 ga
    Reloaders love a good piece of brass<br />Not only did Samuel colt make all men equal.....He also made it easier for me to sleep well at <br />night

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    How are you liking those irons?

A lot, I really like them.. the ic's look better then expected, and the feel and sound are there.. I'm used to old lofts from playing mizuno long enough, I'm not looking to hit the lowest iron or wedge out of my group.. plus I'm getting older.

If y'all are shooting more then a box of shells at an opening season field, then y'all need to excuse yourself and apologize to all around you, plus the doves.. and any dead one that you hit.

dont dare turn this into a golf thread. we are trying to help people here.

and i tried to watch golf the other day and they had a big long segment about GOLF AND PRIDE MONTH.
    www.makegolfyourthing.com

own it

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Jenkins View Post
    Model 12's are always allowed but preferably they should be chambered in 16 ga
    and God said Amen

today's pump shotguns are for neanderthals. Proper weaponry is either form of double barrels (stacked or SxS) or a proper pump gun (model 12 or possibly a certain ithaca). It shall not have digital camo, or ANY camo on it, for that matter. Engraving (with gold) on the receiver is smiled upon.

You should have ONE box of shells. If I have to remind you the proper limit is 12, you wont be invited back. After missing half the time, you should immediately exit the field after 25 shots. This is not rocket science. If i have to tell you NOT to shoot at that dove 50yds away bc you suck at hitting it, you may be asked to leave earlier. If i put you on a power pole, I expect you to finish after the 15th dove flies by, immediately grab your shit and leave. You should already have your spent shells put away. If i find a bunch of silly high brass 12ga 6s next to that pole when I plow, I lose your number all together.

HS wears shorts. But "shorts" do not show your codsack or tan line. They should be of the proper length.

what happened to that thread on etiquette....
    Absolutely spot on. Can't believe I'm in agreement with 2th twice in the same day.

dont dare turn this into a golf thread. we are trying to help people here.

and i tried to watch golf the other day and they had a big long segment about GOLF AND PRIDE MONTH.
    www.makegolfyourthing.com

own it
    I'm not, I was showing that I do wear shorts at times.. a couple times in dove fields over the years..

I haven't watched much golf, watched some of the longest day, and I'll watch our Open and The Open.. been back on old documentaries

And old pre 70s Wingmasters..

Chambered in 12, I don't have a little dick, and nothing to prove to anyone walking on this Earth.. yall sub gauge 410s and 20s and think yall are doing something special trips me the shit out.

What type(s) of shorts are acceptable in the dove field? I went with the trusty old Aftco Originals last year but wanna make sure I'm "doing it right".
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

80s army camo cargo shorts
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler