Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat friendly vacation spots on coast

Edisto, you can rent beach front, grab a slip at the marina and have the best for the women that like sitting on a beach.. rent closer to the sound. You can pull in after fishing, and drop off your bag or cooler or fish on the beach without checking back.. pick the women up, and ride around if y'all like that. I don't ride around in boats to ride around, funny all of that mess stopped when I quit drinking.. it ain't no fun. If my kids were young I maybe still would, you can take your crowd to see some monkeys and maybe a sturgeon jump. Or inshore at least the last time I fished it wasn't terrible with people. I don't have any idea how people deal with the googans around Charleston. There's a couple of places to eat, I might have gone out once a week while down to eat some where, Willk's place. Used to be more, but Burger King is no more. I really didn't do anything, but bottom fish until lunch, then drink drinks on the beach, and fry bottom fish every night with red meat. Not my wife's perfect vacation, but we jump around now, I'll probably end up down there for a day or to this year. I did that same routine for the first forty years of my life. they paved putt putt and put up a parking lot, mmmm bop bop
    Last edited by Highstrung; 05-23-2024 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    How the hell do you take some of your own food for dinners going to a foreign country? Check a cooler?
    Correct, you check a cooler with your food frozen. At least that's what we did when we went sailing in the BVI's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Tough to beat Hilton Head. Rent a beach house in Palmetto Dunes, dock the boat at Palmetto Bay for the week or use the ramp next to it. Dozens of good restaurants in Broad Creek alone that you can boat to. Take the boat to Daufuskie and let the kids loose on the island while you hang at Freeport, great inshore fishing, sandbars, Palmetto Bluff, Oyster Factory, Harbor Town. Unlimited things for kids to do. Do a trip with Trent Malphrus in Palmetto Dunes ponds for the kids.

I haven't been to Fripp in several years, but it was always a good time. Plenty to do close by on rainy days, and the fishing was always good as well. The plus of just being able to golf cart anywhere you want to go is big too.

I'd like to piggyback off this topic and ask what's the best boat friendly place on the coast that's cheaper than renting a house? We've rented houses at Edisto and Murrell's Inlet and taken the boat and had a blast, but those houses have gone up to $6,000+ for a week rental. I'd like to get back down for a long weekend or maybe a week just for fishing and not the beach so much. I've always hated staying in normal hotels with a boat because I don't have a good way of locking up rods and electronics. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post
    I'd like to piggyback off this topic and ask what's the best boat friendly place on the coast that's cheaper than renting a house? We've rented houses at Edisto and Murrell's Inlet and taken the boat and had a blast, but those houses have gone up to $6,000+ for a week rental. I'd like to get back down for a long weekend or maybe a week just for fishing and not the beach so much. I've always hated staying in normal hotels with a boat because I don't have a good way of locking up rods and electronics. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
    Find a place no body wants to go and look for an air bnb. Look in places like Adams Run, Hollywood, etc. Easy access to boat ramps, and no beach crowd.

I don't remember exactly what I heard about Butches Island ramp but it was odd. Something like a fella in an old pickup was trying to run it or run people off. Enough people were bitching about it that the problem should have been fixed.

I'd be looking around St Helena myself to. Lot's of fellas have good success fishing in the creeks. We put in at Station Creek and leave vehicles for the weekend with no problem.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    I don't remember exactly what I heard about Butches Island ramp but it was odd. Something like a fella in an old pickup was trying to run it or run people off. Enough people were bitching about it that the problem should have been fixed.

I'd be looking around St Helena myself to. Lot's of fellas have good success fishing in the creeks. We put in at Station Creek and leave vehicles for the weekend with no problem.
    Thanks

Someone today recommended Station Creek

Really appreciate all this info

Reaching out to client that lives in HH, guess I never thought of that but worth looking into

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post

Thanks

Someone today recommended Station Creek

Really appreciate all this info

Reaching out to client that lives in HH, guess I never thought of that but worth looking into

However found nice beachfront house on St Helena Sound on Harbor Island. Really like look of this place as do our kids

Quote Originally Posted by mhogancu View Post
    Honestly, if I was in your shoes, I would use this opportunity to experience places outside of your norm and venture to NC and check out places like cape lookout, kitty hawk, Emerald Isle etc.

You have done 50+ years of the Sc coast… go explore somewhere new
    nothing is available in NC, it's full

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    https://www.vrbo.com/579060

Jolly Shores on Daufuskie is pretty cool and is very comfortable for a big group.

Thanks, like that place IF I could get family on board

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    I'll second Jolly Shores.
    Daufuskie is pretty damn laid back and by boat you can get anywhere in the county plus Sav. River Street in short order.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    I'll second Jolly Shores.
    Daufuskie is pretty damn laid back and by boat you can get anywhere in the county plus Sav. River Street in short order.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE