Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: School Me on Headlamps

Default School Me on Headlamps

What brands are y'all using? Likes/dislikes? Thanks in advance.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

They aren't cheap, but a fenix is on it's own level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    They aren't cheap, but a fenix is on it's own level.
    This
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

For general purpose I have a couple of the Black Diamond headlamps that take 3 AAA batteries. They seem to work well and have pretty good battery life. Have red light and white light that are both dimmable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

get five cheap ones
    they make light fine.

how freaking bright do you need? I have never understood buying nice shit. maybe you anal organized people dont lose stuff. not to mention, I'm kinda rough on things. I dont deserve nice shit.

and its still just a damn light.

i am the devil's own advocate.

homie playa however i'm supposed to end it.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Peax.

What are you using it for?

Deer and ducks. And high-dollar art crime.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Get something with a rechargeable battery.

I have a browning one, I like it.

Fenix close thread.

This is the fenix I got. No complaints, worth the money.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$14 dollar energizer one from Lowe’s or Home Depot. I forget which. It’s better quality and has lasted longer than any of the expensive ones I’ve bought. High spot, low spot, strobe, flood, red and green.

And it’s $14. Or could be more. Mine is 3 years old.

Ok I've owned a few streamlight strion headlamps. Some rechargeable, some not, but they all work great for a high output spotlight/headlamp.

But the most useful headlight I use is the streamlight Bandit. Clamps on to my hat. Very lightweight. Provides plenty of light to walk out to my hunting spot, get my blind and decoys situated , and get ready. Costs $22 and rechargeable.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

I've had many different ones. The one I use the most for getting into a stand, getting set up in a duck blind, etc. is one I got from Lowe's that is a ballcap with built in little LEDs in the brim. For blood tracking, I have another setup, headband mounted, with much brighter lights and a bigger battery pack.

Before you get one, practice talking to someone without facing them directly. When you get that skill under your belt, go ahead and get a headlamp.

Black Diamond has been doing this for a while.

$14 dollar energizer one from Lowe’s or Home Depot. I forget which. It’s better quality and has lasted longer than any of the expensive ones I’ve bought. High spot, low spot, strobe, flood, red and green.

This
    I have one in each truck, in the boats, in the cars, in the toolbox, in the gun safe,
    in my hunting fanny pack
    Last edited by ecu1984; 11-06-2023 at 07:12 PM.

I have nitecore and it has different brightness settings, rechargeable, and held up to my not easy lifestyle. Used it for deer, ducks, gators, and everything in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Before you get one, practice talking to someone without facing them directly. When you get that skill under your belt, go ahead and get a headlamp.
    Solid advice here...^^^^

The one I have came out of a three pack my son got for Christmas a few years ago. Works great walking through the woods and getting in and out of stands. Good light, small, batteries last forever and I'll never lose it because it's cheap.

^^^ For overall, general use that I keep in my hunting pack, this is what I've used for many years. (3) AAA batteries, multi function and it lasts forever, I keep (3) more AAA's in my pack if needed. Might change batteries twice in a 4 month season.

I keep other lights in the truck as needed but for everyday use getting in and out the woods, don 't over think it.

For general use, I wouldn't give you a nickle for a rechargeable. A pack of AAAs is 1000 times easier.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    This
    I have one in each truck, in the boats, in the cars, in the toolbox, in the gun safe,
    in my hunting fanny pack

I don't think we're supposed to say fanny pack anymore. The cool kids think it's gay.