Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1287

Thread: Another shooting in Hampton

Murderdock is facing a Death penalty if the Prosecution can find a jury to convict and the Judge agrees .. seems fitting to me if he is found guilty. ( IF).
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

30 years is a life sentence at his age. He could be out in 10 though.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Zero chance they offered 30 years when they just convicted Russell on all 6 counts. No way
    That was Feds. This is state. The Fed has plenty of money to fight with.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Murderdock is facing a Death penalty if the Prosecution can find a jury to convict and the Judge agrees .. seems fitting to me if he is found guilty. ( IF).
    That murder trial is going to be fascinating.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    30 years is a life sentence at his age. He could be out in 10 though.
    Article stated that the "alleged" deal was 30 yrs no parole

Saw where other news media saying that the offer was not true

a murder conviction/plea will just be icing.

He will suffer more with the financial crimes, insurance fraud and civil suits. They will squeeze that turnip until nothing is left but the shadow.

Buster will have to get a job because there will be NO Murdaugh money left.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Death penalty is unlikely at this point. The prosecution must announce in advance of trial that they are seeking the death penalty. The current trial date is about 60 days away. If the prosecution wants to seek the death penalty they will need to reschedule the trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    I doubt it. His grandmother is still alive. Whatever Alex's take would have been on that will be filtered to Buster with some estate planning changes. He also might have a claim on assets from his mother's estate. If it's proven that Alex killed her, I'd imagine that her assets wouldn't go to the killer.

He might still have to work, but I don't think he'll be penniless.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    Death penalty is unlikely at this point. The prosecution must announce in advance of trial that they are seeking the death penalty. The current trial date is about 60 days away. If the prosecution wants to seek the death penalty they will need to reschedule the trial.
    If the murder weapons were never found it would be hard to get a death penalty conviction in my opinion. I'm sure if they were found it would already have leaked to FITS. Maybe not, heck who knows. Will be an interesting trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post

I am sure that more than enough money is in the bank of Panama, Cayman Islands, or somewhere it can not nor never will be found. I would almost bet he has quite a nest egg... And you can't tell me that man didn't have life insurance on his wife and son...
    Last edited by Fireman; 12-01-2022 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    I am sure that more than enough money is in the bank of Panama, Cayman Islands, or somewhere it can not nor never will be found. I would almost bet he has quite a nest egg... And you can't tell me that man didn't have life insurance on his wife and son...
    I'm assuming Buster won't get it IF Alex killed them...will he?

I wouldn't bet on that.
    Last edited by centurian; 12-01-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    I doubt it. His grandmother is still alive. Whatever Alex's take would have been on that will be filtered to Buster with some estate planning changes. He also might have a claim on assets from his mother's estate. If it's proven that Alex killed her, I'd imagine that her assets wouldn't go to the killer.

He might still have to work, but I don't think he'll be penniless.
    in the documentary, one of the lawyers specifically stated that Alex funneled money to his father and wife. If so, grandma's money will get pulled into this. Maggie's estate will be tainted in the eyes of the plaintiffs.

Im no lawyer, but i would imagine they will look for Alex's fingerprints in everyone's finances. If they can tie illicit activity to any estate, they will attack it.

not sure about hidden money in the caymans, I dont run in those circles so not sure how that works.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    Yup. Generational corrupt families aren't keeping all of their money in the bank. There's no telling where all of the money is and the state will never know because it just goes back so far.

Y'all - the fella stole and burned through at least $10 Million dollars. He doesn't have a bunch of hidden money. He's broke. Otherwise, he wouldn't be in this situation.

Y'all - the fella stole and burned through at least $10 Million dollars. He doesn't have a bunch of hidden money. He's broke. Otherwise, he wouldn't be in this situation.
    Thats kinda what I have been thinking all along. He was allegedly taking out loans to payback the trust accounts. That doesnt sound like the actions of somebody who is flush with cash.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Stop making the story less sexy, sour puss.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

You forget it's a family of lawyers. If they had any sense at all they had trusts and other vehicles in place to keep 1 person from screwing up the family fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    You forget it's a family of lawyers. If they had any sense at all they had trusts and other vehicles in place to keep 1 person from screwing up the family fortune.
    Yet one 20 year old did...

Yet one 20 year old did...
    Still bet you they have been in CYA mode for generations

Keep in mind who ever has the best attorneys wins
    Last edited by tprice; 12-01-2022 at 02:47 PM.