Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Santee Coastal Reserve Meeting Update

If you handle the 6 major ramps in the ACE I'll do Marion.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Somebody make a proof - I have a metal sign contact

"Proper Range for shooting ducks is 40 yards or less. Please consider other hunting parties and only shoot ducks within range. Sky busting hurts everyone!. Practice Proper Firearm Safety."

Brought to you by the SCDNR and the alliance to keep duck hunting viable in SC
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

I like it. It's a start and kind of announces that there is a group of concerned sportsmen willing to start educating and hopefully making a difference. It's just a start but every little bit helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post

"Proper Range for shooting ducks is 40 yards or less. Please consider other hunting parties and only shoot ducks within range. Sky busting hurts everyone!. Practice Proper Firearm Safety."

I like it. However, that sign will be shot up or pulled out of the ground within a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I'm betting the younger folks don't know the difference between 40 and 60, or they actually think they can hit those ducks above 60. I've hunted with people before that had the "hell I'll try him" mentality. God forbid it be a pintail up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    There also needs to be a 300 yard minimum buffer between hunters.
    Unenforceable. Plus some things just need to be sorted out among men.

That said, you allow folks to crowd you all the time. I don't know how you take it.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

NC has a legal minimum of 500 yards between blinds and hunting parties and its enforced. Why can we not get that passed for public water?
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

NC has a legal minimum of 500 yards between blinds and hunting parties and its enforced. Why can we not get that passed for public water?
    I'd be careful referencing this law as a good thing. You may be fully aware of why and where this is a law as it's only in select counties along the coast but not all are in favor of this. Very controversial here in NC as to the origins and current enforcement of it. It has a major impact on the public hunter...

Can't be enforced because there is no way to prove who showed up first. & You sure as hell do not want the government setting "blind locations" on public water.

Plenty of other issues that makes it difficult to enforce. What if someone is tucked into a slough and you never see them and set up 275 yards away?

The only way to enforce this law is the have SCDNR set the boundaries for you. Not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    I'd be careful referencing this law as a good thing. You may be fully aware of why and where this is a law as it's only in select counties along the coast but not all are in favor of this. Very controversial here in NC as to the origins and current enforcement of it. It has a major impact on the public hunter...
    He knows exactly what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Can't be enforced because there is no way to prove who showed up first. & You sure as hell do not want the government setting "blind locations" on public water.

Plenty of other issues that makes it difficult to enforce. What if someone is tucked into a slough and you never see them and set up 275 yards away?

The only way to enforce this law is the have SCDNR set the boundaries for you. Not a good idea.
    It is enforceable and no one hunts public water there anymore because it's enforceable.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    He knows exactly what he's doing.

It is enforceable and no one hunts public water there anymore because it's enforceable.
    How do they enforce it?

Could you imagine the riots that would happen if legislation was passed to enforce blind laws in SC coastal waters? No more access into rice fields with broken dikes, creeks and access ways would be locked down...oh the drama!

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    How do they enforce it?
    They have annual blind permits so every land owner has a stick blind built from 2x4's spaced every 1000 feet along their property. They renew these permits annually but never hunt the "blinds"...

http://northcarolinaduckhunting.blog...lind-laws.html
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I'm betting the younger folks don't know the difference between 40 and 60, or they actually think they can hit those ducks above 60.
    There's people reading this right now that can't tell the difference.

I like Palmetto's idea about those signs. In my opinion, they would make a difference. Sure they'll take some pellets. But don't they all?

I have no doubts at all that a good portion of the numbnuts I encounter out there are in fact scducks members, and some are probably prominent posters.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I have no doubts at all that a good portion of the numbnuts I encounter out there are in fact scducks members, and some are probably prominent posters.
    I have experienced this first hand. Like for a fact
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I have experienced this first hand. Like for a fact
    Are you calling me a numb nuts?!
    867-5309

Fuck no all I ever see when I'm near you is ducks that won't give me the time of day getting killed
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I was wondering if you two were gonna.....
    Last edited by BOGSTER; 01-07-2016 at 07:38 PM.

Ok serious question. I'm not as enlightened on South Carolina history as I am Texas history, though I've now lives here 14 years. If rice was so prominent in the low country...what happened? Why doesn't anybody farm rice anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    Ok serious question. I'm not as enlightened on South Carolina history as I am Texas history, though I've now lives here 14 years. If rice was so prominent in the low country...what happened? Why doesn't anybody farm rice anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Labor & Capital as the Civil War made some changes in the availability of both. Some say that there were weather changes and storms that had a serious effect as well.