Thread: Good jacket

Default Good jacket

Looking for a good warm, wind proof, and water proof jacket. I have a few different Carhartt jackets but none fit the bill. They are either to short and ride up my back or they are to bulky to really work in or they look like ive been out working on the farm all day. I have a Northface summit series i like but the outside isnt very durable. Im suppost to go up to Buffalo after the first of the year for a few days to our corporate office and would like to only have to take one jacket. So my question is what is a good all around purpose jacket that looks decent enough for going to meeting but durable enough if i get outside working on something im not gunna slap ruin it. What yall got for me?

Simms Bulkley

Barbour/Filson
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    Barbour/Filson
    My Barbour is not very warm or windproof even with the camel hair liner sized in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Definitely Filson

If im gunna spend $400+ on a jacket and it aint for hunting it better have a blowjob attachment built in so i feel like im getting my moneys worth. On a side note they do look like nice jackets. Keepem coming.

Spend the money one time and get a Filson you cheap bastard.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

If i had that fowlmouth money i would. Hell you know i can tear up a cinderblock just looking at it. I do good to get 2 years out of a jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    My Barbour is not very warm or windproof even with the camel hair liner sized in.
    How old is your Barbour? The two I have are about 25 years old and the two warmest jackets I own, and windproof. I guess to each his own, though. Neither of mine have liners, either.
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Filson has a lifetime warranty. They'll fix it or replace it
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Which model filson are yall wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    How old is your Barbour? The two I have are about 25 years old and the two warmest jackets I own, and windproof. I guess to each his own, though. Neither of mine have liners, either.
    Mine is a Beaufort model that is about 5-6 years old. Still love the jacket but usually have to wear another fleece such as a north face under it when it's cold out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

I personally don't own a Filson, but I know plenty of people who do. Tin Cloth Field Jacket is what I would buy if I were to purchase a Filson.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    Mine is a Beaufort model that is about 5-6 years old. Still love the jacket but usually have to wear another fleece such as a north face under it when it's cold out.
    Yea occasionally when it is very cold, I'll have to wear a sweater or something, but typically in SC my big ass only needs one layer.

Quote Originally Posted by adamb61085 View Post
    Which model filson are yall wearing?
    Tin cloth Field jacket
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Tin cloth Field jacket
    If you keep it waxed it is windproof, I do mine 1 time a yr. must weigh 15 lbs. now but waterproof and windproof and warm.