Thread: Lexington/Columbia area

Default Lexington/Columbia area

Going to Lexington to visit the in laws this weekend if anyone needs something from or to the Florence area. Since I will have nothing to do all weekend is there anywhere to drop a one man boat into to fish a little bit? Not really familiar with this area. Thanks

If the rivers will allow it, just get in the Saluda or Congaree and wade.

Doubtful the rivers will stop pumping by the weekend though.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Considering size, I'd go to the dam @ hwy6 on lake murray and put in and fish the banks/docks.
    Last edited by B.Miller; 07-16-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

I wouldn't mess around in the rivers right now in a one man boat. I've met some people that fish the pond at the Sesquicentennial State Park. Don't know if it's any good or not though.

Default Re: Lexington/Columbia area

Gibson park has a pond that you can use a boat but no motor i believe. Maybe electric. Caught some decent fish in there before...
    Quote Originally Posted by birdboy View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you ever sneak out of the house or do something you weren't supposed to do when you were growing up? Did anyone cut your balls off because of it?

You aren't catching much in the Columbia rivers right now.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.