Thread: Restaurant Goes Out Of Business After Obama Mentions It

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Restaurant Goes Out Of Business After Obama Mentions It

Ohio Restaurant Closes One Week After Obama Mentions it in Speech

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio restaurant mentioned last week by President Barack Obama as an indirect beneficiary of the government’s Chrysler bailout will go out of business Sunday after a more than 70-year history.

Co-owner Richard Lawrence of New Chet’s Restaurant in Toledo says business has fallen victim to the economy and the workplace smoking ban approved by Ohio voters in 2006. He told The Blade newspaper of Toledo on Wednesday that auto industry cutbacks also hurt.

Lawrence says he used to deliver up to $300 in food per week to Chrysler Group LLC’s Jeep plant in Toledo, but now that’s down to about $100 worth.

Obama visited the plant on Friday and told workers that without them, who would eat at Chet’s or patronize other local businesses?

“And this plant indirectly supports hundreds of other jobs right here in Toledo,” President Obama said to hundreds of workers in Chrysler’s Wrangler plant. ”After all, without you, who‘d eat at Chet’s or Inky‘s or Rudy’s?”
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Yeah Obama's a ignorant fuckstick, but ALL those MF's Red and Blue are so far out of touch with the reality of what's going on in this country that it would be laughable if it weren't so fucking sad. May they all rot in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Yeah Obama's a ignorant fuckstick, but ALL those MF's Red and Blue are so far out of touch with the reality of what's going on in this country that it would be laughable if it weren't so fucking sad. May they all rot in hell.
    This...
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

and again.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

x3
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Maybe a good quick community organizer could have saved it.

I saw my first Obama 2012 sticker the other day. Right below a 2008 sticker on a USC proffessor's car. It really makes me wonder what they teach at my old school.......
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.