Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Bar'ing

Isn't that supposed to make better meat?
    " If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -Mark Twain

that's what those dudes told us, I'll take their word for it.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by pub spears View Post
    Isn't that supposed to make better meat?
    Yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by squatty420 View Post
    What got me is they all sounded like yankee's but these boys weren't yankee.
    Florida has a few different cracker (native, non-transplant) accents. I'm sure there are more, but I found these two. Totch Brown is one cool dude.

North Florida:

Everglades:

(Look at the related videos on the right. 2009 Poker run. Wonder how they group these videos together.)

What keeps them from getting infections/?

I don't think they care Dook

I would say that Gainesville north equals south Georgia. Everything south, well thats another story.
    "It's a numbers game" - Mac Owen
    Endangered: Farmers, Watermen, and Rural Life

I don't think they care Dook
    But didn't I read something about making the meat better? If you take the time to cut his nutz out for better meat, you would think they would. But I do understand that most people practice "shoot em in the gut" conservation methods with the hawgs.

Either way, it looks like the hunt was a blast. There is nothing I enjoy better than hunting with good friends in new places.

I'll tell you what they said.......

it scabs up pretty quickly if the gators don't get to 'em first. NO SHIT! I didn't ask many more questions.

This was different population control methods than the other place I thought we were going to. They ride around in their swamp buggies there and shoot the bastards with AK's and leave 'em lay. Last year my buddy said he shot 26 or 27 in a matter of 18 minutes and over that weekend he was there last year they killed over 300.

It's a different ballgame down there man. We had a blast!

Scotty, those pics bring back some memories i'd just as soon forget. When that process goes wrong, it goes WRONG...

I bet the BLEEP so! I don't want NO part of that mess Johnny! I thought those boys were freaking NUTZ! (no pun intended)

Squatty you always have good photos....but I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that play by play action...OMG...

How the hell do you think WE feel?
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

oh hell I missed the best part. Them crazy bastards started throwing those hog nuts around at each other. The younger boy with the ka'nife threw one of them at his grandmother and hit her in the leg. She kicked it and it hit another dude square in the face! I missed that b/c I wondered off watching the hog run off and was hoping to see some Wistling Ducks I could go snipe with my conservation permit

Yall orda see what happens to bulls just before the head west to the feed lots... and I not tawkn bout banding.... they spin um off then shoot with some kinda electricty to stop the bleeding....

oh hell I missed the best part. Them crazy bastards started throwing those hog nuts around at each other. The younger boy with the ka'nife threw one of them at his grandmother and hit her in the leg. She kicked it and it hit another dude square in the face! I missed that b/c I wondered off watching the hog run off and was hoping to see some Wistling Ducks I could go snipe with my conservation permit
    Who do you hang out with???? OMG.

Sounds like you were hunting with the Clampets!

They damn were near the Clampets no shit!

I've got one other story that doesn't involve hogs, nuts, and well it sort of involves a turkey. But there's no pictures. I'll have to write it up I know each and every one of you will bust a damn gut b/c ya'll know just how bad I'm afraid of snakes! All I'm going to say is they got me GOOD! REAL GOOD!

I've got one other story that doesn't involve hogs, nuts, and well it sort of involves a turkey. But there's no pictures. I'll have to write it up I know each and every one of you will bust a damn gut b/c ya'll know just how bad I'm afraid of snakes! All I'm going to say is they got me GOOD! REAL GOOD!
    tell the damn story