Thread: Farm Radio/Two Way Radios

Default Farm Radio/Two Way Radios

Anyone on here an expert in two way radios? I’ve got a UHF/VHF two way radio to go in my truck that I want to program to communicate with the hand held two way radios I’ve got. The one for the truck is far too complicated for me to figure out the frequencies and how to get the two to match up. Both are Chinese brand radios and the owners manuals are in broke English at best. I know it can be done I’m just not sure how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Its probably a long shot but if you can find a ham radio operator most of them know radios inside and out.

Quote Originally Posted by turk View Post
    Its probably a long shot but if you can find a ham radio operator most of them know radios inside and out.
    Biggest bunch of fudds ever. First thing they're gonna do is start talking to you about how you have to have your license.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Patrick, you failed to mention the mandatory 17 antennas on the vehicle that has the HAM license plate.

YouTube is most likely your friend on this one. If your handhelds are baofeng, there are tons of videos on programming them. I have one of their handhelds that I use hunting and burning with other uhf (gmrs) radios, plus it can be a backup vhf on the boat as well. I have some channels programmed but keep a tiny list of the channels I would possibly use taped to the back in case I need type one in. 99.9% I use channel 7 UHF and channels 16 and 10 VHF.

IMG_5845.jpg
    Last edited by CUduckreeper; 02-18-2024 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Default Farm Radio/Two Way Radios

Also has an FM radio which is handy at times.

Add the pertinent ones of these….

Last edited by Tater; 02-18-2024 at 08:44 PM.

Great info thus far guys! These radios will be used for burning. Handhelds on people and the mobiles in my truck and on the Ranger. Got some numbers to call this week. Hoping between here and the folks I’m gonna call I can world this out. Radios are all Retevis brand btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

From my quick search on Amazon, I’m assuming all you Retevis handhelds using standard FRS/GMRS channels already programmed.

https://www.rightchannelradios.com/b...hoCt24QAvD_BwE

Here is a list on the channels and their frequencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Didn't they ban a handful of the GMRS channels a while back? I had several radios set up to run coms while pig hunting in the dark, and on the line at big MG shoots. Dude told me something about them, and he programmed them in 1 of the 6 radios I got, but all I could do was listen?? I never heard anyone, but supposedly I could talk with EMS if I needed too?? I have no idea if he was BSing or not, but I read the statued on it at the time and didn't want to talk with EMS or anyone else I was going to pay a fine on that bad.

Too many ways to track those. Back in the day all you needed was 3 Leece Neville Alternators. A battery bank of Trojans, and a 16 pill with a 1x4 driving it, and you were off to the races driving HAM guys nuts. Sure they could talk with repeaters from here to Russia, but get close to them, and stand on the gas, and just dead key and kill any transmission they wanted to make, along with rattling every thing in their set up. Those alt start pulling and they would put a load on a 350.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Kinard Controls in Newberry if you can’t get it figured out