Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tint

Default Tint

Recently got a new F150 for work that’s has no tint on the windows at all. Boss agreed to pay to put some tint on it. I’ve never tinted a truck before so looking for some recommendations on the back windows. I’m just trying to reduce some glare, keep it a little cooler, and have some protection for young kids/baby in the back seat. Debating what to do on the back windows. Is 5% too dark on the back glass and back windows? I am worried I won’t be able to see out of it backing a trailer at night, so thinking 20% on the back and I guess 35% on the front windows. I’m concerned purely with functionality not looks. What y’all say on the 5% vs 20% on the back.
    More Ducks, Less People

5% is dark, especially at night. If you're not worried about looks, I'd go 20% back glass and rear doors, with 35% on front doors.

KRT
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I think 5% on the back is close to what factory tint is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

20 all the way around with 50 on the windshield. Get ceramic regardless of what you go with.

I know i have 27% on my front windows which is factory matched to my rear door windows and I can't see a damn thing at night trying to back up. Its a give and take. I wish my rear was a bit darker for the kid. She complains sometimes when the sun is just right.

Being a work truck, I would do 70% on the windshield, 20,25, or 30 on front sides and 5 on other windows. Any tint makes it hard to see out of back glass so I don’t see any being worse than the other. I will say go with the ceramic tint, not the cheaper stuff and windshield tint even light is a game changer for keeping the fish bowl cooler.
    For the ducks

Factory tint on the front windshield to keep the law happy. Take it to somebody that knows what they doing on a daily basis and they can lead you the way
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I just bought a 2021 Silverado and dumbass GM decided to tint the rear sliding window. Works really great at night,not!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Palmetto pro tint. 20 percent ceramic on all sides and back. 50 percent on entire front windshield. They give a lifetime warranty.

I do 20 on the side windows and back glass and a brow on the windshield. I can't see out the back glass backing a trailer up at night, I roll the windows down and use the mirrors.

Full windshield tint is the only way to roll. I rarely have to even wear sunglasses in my truck unless I’m driving straight into a setting sun. It’s also much cooler in the summer compared to my wife’s car with no windshield tint.

I thought any tint on front was illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by Meathook View Post
    I thought any tint on front was illegal?
    Yea so is speeding.

Yes front tint below the AS1 line is illegal. Do I care after trying windshield tint? No. Why leave your largest window, source of heat, worst glare untreated? 50% on it and nobody will ever stop you. I have 30% on my personal truck and nobody cares. 70% is invisible and looks factory.
    For the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
    20 all the way around with 50 on the windshield. Get ceramic regardless of what you go with.
    Do exactly what this man said.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I went 5% ONCE. I nearly refused to drive that vehicle at night.

There's a reason it should be illegal.

Having said that - it was freakin' awesome during the day.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
    Easy E knows what's up.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I used sunstoppers in mt p on my f150 told them to go as dark as what is legal on all windows except went a but lighter on the windshield. This it the 4th time I have done this I will have tinted windshield from here on out. Ceramic tint.
    I back with rear camera and mirrors.

According to them there is some kind of work around on the rear windows of a truck being allowed to be darker because that is equivalent to a rear trunk in an suv or something. Thats just what they told me and they have been around awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 35% on the fronts and they seem to match factory tint exactly. I can see enough to back up. My previous truck had 20% and could not see out the back at night.

I’d do 27 or 35% all around and 70 on the front. Even a clear ceramic on the front blocks a ton of heat.