Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicken Bog recipe

Default Chicken Bog recipe

Ok, best buddy is originally from Darlington and while he culinary tastes are about as bland as teacher in Ferris Bueller’s Day off he raves about Chicken Bog He actually made some good many years back and we had it at Bristol Motorspeedway and I was less than impressed but took into account his taste of food

In fact we were busting on him on Westside Radio Saturday since we were playing S Florence

Like to make some and I am sure some EXPERTS here on SCDUCKS can point me in right direction

chicken stock
    rice
    chicken
    polish kielbasa
    onion celery
    s and p
    cook
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

BugBro's eye gonna start twitching .
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

3 pages
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Paula deens recipe. Don’t over complicate it, it’s chicken, sausage and rice. Nothing more or less.

You can't talk shit about another man's dish if you ask for recipes on how to cook it.

I like the Hillshire hot sausage in mine

Prayers.

Boil whole chicken or big pack of thighs in salt and pepper. Pick off meat. Keep broth. Measure 6.5 cups broth, bring to boil, throw in meat, s/p to taste, pack or two of Hillshire smoked sausage and 3 cups Mahatma rice. Get back to a boil, stir with blade of yeller handle Case, turn to low, cover 45 min. Eat. Have Texas Pete and sweet pickles on standby.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Prayers.

Boil whole chicken or big pack of thighs in salt and pepper. Pick off meat. Keep broth. Measure 6.5 cups broth, bring to boil, throw in meat, s/p to taste, pack or two of Hillshire smoked sausage and 3 cups Mahatma rice. Get back to a boil, stir with blade of yeller handle Case, turn to low, cover 45 min. Eat. Have Texas Pete and sweet pickles on standby.
    This boy knows about the sweet pickles.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Dice onion and bell pepper – Sauté in pot

Once cooked add 1 package of breakfast sausage – Hot preferred

Once breakfast sausage is cooked add two to three sticks of Kielbasa sausage
    I vary the slices. Cutting at a diagonal assures more sausage for all
    Continue to sauté

Debone a rotisserie chicken (Cut into pieces – It tends to fall apart) and add to pot
    You could boil a chicken for broth and chicken

Add some seasoning salt and pepper (I use Tony Chachere’s)

I then just let that cook a while and stir to get all the flavors going (10 – 15 minutes)

Next add chicken broth. The amount depends on the amount of rice you want
    Typically 8-10 servings (Use directions on rice bag; A little more than 2/1)

Bring the broth to a boil and add the rice (Uncle Ben’s Parboiled Rice; No Exceptions)

Cover and simmer for amount of time on rice bag.

Let me add that ZERO fucking vegetable go into a bawg other than onions. Don't act like Yankees and fuck this up dumbasses
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

It's less ingredients than it is process. And both eyes are twitching.

Leg quarters and boil them to falling apart. Remove and debone. Add a little link (country) sausage in addition to the smoked kielbasa. I am anti-vegetable in mine but appreciate some finely diced onion and celery in others. Add twice the pepper you think you need also needs lots of salt but add gradually until you find your right portion.

You can also add some critter if you're inclined. Great way to absorb those yard squirrels, or other things. I put my turkey leg quarters in mine sometimes too but depend on the chicken fat to carry the dish.

Fry some cornbread crispy to accompany. Liberal coating of Franks hot sauce on the plate.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Had a feller I worked with from West Virginia cook lunch for us one day. Made a big pot of chicken bog full of celery. Even the damn rice tasted like celery.

He wasn't ever asked to cook lunch again.

Quote Originally Posted by Boduke View Post
    Had a feller I worked with from West Virginia cook lunch for us one day. Made a big pot of chicken bog full of celery. Even the damn rice tasted like celery.

He wasn't ever asked to cook lunch again.
    It's amazing how some people can fuck something up as simple as a classic country bawg.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

For my 16 quart cast iron pot I use 10-12 lbs of bone in skin on thighs, 4-5 packs of smoked sausage cut into 1/4"-1/2" pieces, 1 gallon of stock, 1/2 gallon of Uncle Ben's rice. Make your own stock by boiling the chicken, this is when I add salt and pepper. Brown sausage, add your picked chicken and stock. Bring to boil, stir in rice, cover, cut off heat. it will be ready in 30 minutes and will feed 25-30 men. Sometimes I add an onion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    It's less ingredients than it is process. And both eyes are twitching.

Leg quarters and boil them to falling apart. Remove and debone. Add a little link (country) sausage in addition to the smoked kielbasa. I am anti-vegetable in mine but appreciate some finely diced onion and celery in others. Add twice the pepper you think you need also needs lots of salt but add gradually until you find your right portion.

You can also add some critter if you're inclined. Great way to absorb those yard squirrels, or other things. I put my turkey leg quarters in mine sometimes too but depend on the chicken fat to carry the dish.

Fry some cornbread crispy to accompany. Liberal coating of Franks hot sauce on the plate.
    I use to use leg quarters but switched to just thighs as they are easier to pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Can't believe not one of you has mentioned the most important ingredient in the whole process. I don't know why I'm surprised TBH
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Can't believe not one of you has mentioned the most important ingredient in the whole process. I don't know why I'm surprised TBH
    Bacon?
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Bulk jimmy Dean sausage and roger wood lumberjack sausage with whole chickens or thighs and breasts. The sweet pickles are good and also fine chopped slaw!