Thread: Leer truck cap value

Default Leer truck cap value

Bought a 22’ GmC 2500 with a leer truck cap/ camper shell on it. Painted in the dark sky metallic. Has the led lights installed with plug ins and has the sliding windows. I’m taking it off tomorrow and putting a tool box back on. Thought about keeping it, but I’d never take the time to switch it out or want to store it.

What’s a good used value for these to sell?
    Last edited by dhall1693; 04-14-2023 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Keep it, trust me.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

Keep it. Wish I had one for my tacoma and my 250

I love mine but just to help you answer your original question, I think the one I got on my new truck was around 4k. Price obviously varies depending on model and options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

I bought a color matched one for my 2017 f-250. It was used in 2019 for $600 it has lights and and all.

I sold a 12 year old shell in 2016 for a Gen 1 Tundra for $600 and it had some slight fiberglass repair. New they are $2-4k. I’d think you could get at least $1500.

Unless you absolutely hate the look of the shell, keep it. It's a lot more functional than a tool box.
    The tools you might want to put in a tool box will fit fine under shell along with a zillion other things that wont fit in a toolbox.
    I pretty much have things of value in the back of .my truck 24/7/365 staying nice and dry and overall safe from thieves.

Price point? If it's a 2022 model I'd price a new one and sell at a 40% discount.