Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Husqvarna clone chainsaw kit

You've shared a fantastic story about building your own chainsaw, and it sounds like it was a rewarding experience for you. Here's a simplified version:
    You wanted a bigger chainsaw for fun, not for professional use, but the cost of professional models was too high.
    You found Holzfforma chainsaw kits, which were more affordable, and decided to build the 372xp kit yourself to save money and learn something new.
    Building your own chainsaw allowed you to use OEM parts for repairs if needed in the future.
    The building process took a few hours with the help of a YouTube video. The hardest parts were compressing the chain brake springs and identifying bolts. You also had to perform a "base gasket delete" due to a measurement issue.
    After finishing the build, you were impressed with the chainsaw's performance, but you're unsure about its long-term durability due to limited use so far.
    You mentioned a missing O-ring and recommended specific tools for future builders.
    Overall, it was a successful and rewarding experience for you, saving money, gaining knowledge, and ending up with a powerful tool for your farm.

Whack a mole

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    Have you used the saw lately?
    Yes. Sorry I didn’t see your comment sooner, I guess you can thank marques the robot for bumping this up. Haha

The saw I built is still running great and have used it multiple times this year cutting fire wood. I actually bought a second one that was pre assembled when they were running a sale in November or December. Got the saw and one of their 20” bars (since I already had some 20” chains) for less than $200. I’ve only run 1 tank of gas through the new saw so far. For out of the box just adding gas and oil it wasn’t bad. I wasn’t trying to run it hard right off the bat but could tell it wasn’t as strong as the one I built. I confirmed this with a compression test. Chinese assembled saw has right at 120 psi, the saw I built is sitting at 145 psi. Not to worry though, when I purchased the new one I also bought a couple “big bore” cylinder and piston kits for the saw, just haven’t gotten around to installing it yet. Plus I kinda wanted to see how theirs ran. I plan to install the big bore kit on the blue saw, which will take it from a 50 mm piston to a 52mm. When I do that I’ll check the piston clearance, “squish”, and see if I can get away with a “base gasket delete” modification like I did with the first one.
    IMG_5851.jpg
    IMG_5853.jpg
    IMG_5852.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by marquesgriffin View Post
    You've shared a fantastic story about building your own chainsaw, and it sounds like it was a rewarding experience for you. Here's a simplified version:
    You wanted a bigger chainsaw for fun, not for professional use, but the cost of professional models was too high.
    You found Holzfforma chainsaw kits, which were more affordable, and decided to build the 372xp kit yourself to save money and learn something new.
    Building your own chainsaw allowed you to use OEM parts for repairs if needed in the future.
    The building process took a few hours with the help of a YouTube video. The hardest parts were compressing the chain brake springs and identifying bolts. You also had to perform a "base gasket delete" due to a measurement issue.
    After finishing the build, you were impressed with the chainsaw's performance, but you're unsure about its long-term durability due to limited use so far.
    You mentioned a missing O-ring and recommended specific tools for future builders.
    Overall, it was a successful and rewarding experience for you, saving money, gaining knowledge, and ending up with a powerful tool for your farm.
    WTF?

Sent via Galaxy s23 Ultra using Tapatalk