Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Jerry Jugs Okay?

yall keep fighting those cheap plastic "safety" cans

there is no "trick" to get these to pour and NOT spill

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Red-Galv...0-FS/303294751
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    ...and I never fail to spill gas with them.

I remember going offshore years ago with a big rubber bladder tank strapped to the bow rail.
    You damn right. That bladder we had had 50 gals. strapped down sloshing like hell. I was real nervous even after it was empty.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I've used a bladder before. Sketchy but worked...probably not smart but oh well.

Rookies

Those 15 gal containers are great for saving space on the vessel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

There's a crew that trolls the ledge in a bay boat loaded down with gas cans like Cajunwannabe's first picture.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Problem is that most of the newer cans don't have separate vents. It's all built in to that useless spout.
    The amazon kits come with a separate vent. You just have to drill a small hole in the plastic can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

jerry lewis . . no
    Jeri Ryan . . .yes

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Dude, they're unbelievable. You gotta twist something, hold something down, and then engage something else to get gas outta them.
    Sounds like a kid on prom night.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    The only stipulation that I can think of regarding fuel tanks in vessels is this: If it's "permanently installed", you MUST carry a fire extinguisher on board.

Permanently installed means built in/strapped down/anything keeping you from picking it up and throwing it overboard.

Jerry cans are just fine.
    Yes AND you must have a fire extinguisher if you have compartments that can trap fuel vapors whether it is permanent or not. This has resulted in many tickets. Also, the tank must be connected via quick release. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Why would you not have a fire extinguisher anyway. Those little marine units will not put out more than a very small fire. I doubt they will tamp down a fuel fire. Seen more than one boat burn to the water line. If fact one I had been on earlier in the day.
    Last edited by centurian; 03-04-2022 at 07:40 PM.

The real solution is to fix your fuel flow solutions. Dumping additional gas in a compromised system isn’t going to get you far.
    Fuel systems aren’t terribly tough to go through and fix.