Dear fatties. Especially fatties in the upstate. It is 110% what you eat.

As some of you may remember, my promising, yet short, Crossfit career was cut short when I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy. In the 5 years since surgery, I have found what I was good at…..eating and gaining weight. With the onset of the Rona pandemic, I perfected this craft and packed on additional weight topping out at a svelte 275lbs. At 5’11” you can picture the ball of blubber I had become. So, in total, I had gained 75lbs over the 5 years since my dr. forbade me from high intensity workouts.

At the end of this summer, my wife and I were discussing my misery. That’s what obesity is; a miserable, addictive vicious cycle of depression, eating, etc. She then told me that she signed me up for the Saskatoon paleo meal plan. We worked on the budget to fit the plan in. It ain’t cheap mind you, but neither would be insulin, High BP medicine, Doctor visits……or funerals.

So, beginning September 12, I began eating the meals from Saskatoon; all prepackaged and picked up each week, along with all the supplements, snacks, desserts etc. Everything I would eat for the week, (minus dinner Sat and Sunday.) The program is as follows: 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 5 dinners. You will intermittent fast (no breakfast) on Saturday and Sunday. Two days per week, (I do Wednesday and Friday) substitute a provided protein shake for lunch. Saturday and Sunday Supper, I provide. Saturday from 6pm-9pm, eat and drink anything you want! Sunday dinner is “lean and green.”

Results: On September 12, I weighed in at 275. Today December 5, 12 weeks later, I am at 223. That is 52lbs in 12 weeks for the math challenged. That is with Zero exercise, other than a 1 mile walk 2-3 times per week around the neighborhood with the dog. I am off the blood pressure medicine my dr put me on in May. My knees and hips don’t constantly hurt from carrying around an extra fiddy. The problems I developed in my sciatic vanished. And my mood, my attitude and overall outlook has changed for the better. I had found myself negative, down and ……. well miserable.

All that being said, could I have done it without purchasing the food? Sure, but working full time, raising two kids and all the other things life throws out………Oh and I’m not a licensed nutritionist, all stand in the way of success.

Anyway, I just wanted to pass on the info, and give a HUGE shoutout to Edmund Wu, the owner and chef at Saskatoons for a truly life changing program. If you are looking for a new year’s resolution that will help jumpstart you into a mindset of nutrition and weight management, google it, or click… https://saskatoonrestaurant.com/low-carb-paleo/

PS. The food is from Saskatoon and is freaking delicious. Its not kangaroo and elk, but its all restaurant quality and the variety is great.

There are no before and after pics you pervs. But here is a picture of the spreadsheet I kept during the program.

saskatoon chart.JPG