Figured I'd put something in here other than squatted out Chevy's.

Picked this up a month or so ago, I know the guy that built it and have always wanted it.

It's a 1965 109" Series IIA.

It has a galvanized chassis, bulkhead, door frames, hood frame, door top, etc. Everything else is aluminum.....it will last forever.

Drive Train is the most interesting part. It has a 283 Small Block Chevy, New Process 435 Transmission with an adaptor plate to a Land Rover Series Transfer Case. It sits on Land Rover Discovery Axles that are 24 Spline and has disk brakes at all four wheels. It has 3.54:1 Diffs that make it much more friendly and power Steering out of a P38.

It's a sleeper for sure.

I have started down the rabbit hole of projects and have completed the following:

- New Side Window Canvas Top
- New Exhaust - I cleaned it up and went from true duals @ < 2" to a single exhaust with two tailpipes. I have a magna flow muffler and 2" pipes.
- I had some 255/85/16 tires and put them on this truck.
- GPS Speedometer Custom made from Speedhut.
- Rock Sliders/Sills - I made these out of 2"x4"x3/16" Tube Steel and had them powder coated. They were an absolute bitch to make. I have made a couple of sets before, but these were hard as hell to mount and weighed a ton. Anyway, they turned out pretty good.

In Progress:

Truck leaks like shit. I pulled the motor apart over the last week and have started to put things back together. I have installed a new oil pan gasket, timing cover gasket, timing cover oil seal, water pump gasket and intake gaskets. This is pretty much as far as I have gotten as of tonight. I need a few more parts and some more time before putting it all back together.

I have ordered all new suspension as well. I am having a company called ALCAN make me a set of custom leaf springs. They are made to my specifications. I have weighed the truck on the scales and have each axle weight and they are making my springs accordingly. We are going to put a 2" lift into them and level the truck out some. The 255's are huge and narrow and I get a slight body rub in the front at articulation. The springs should fix this........the small block weighs almost 600 pounds which is not helping. Once I dial in the springs, I will figure out new shocks.

Anyway, this is a work in progress and will continue to evolve. A small block in this truck is pretty amazing and will smoke the tires if you want.

Enjoy some pictures of before, after and during......more later.