Thread: Tristar Viper G2

Default Tristar Viper G2

Anyone shooting the Turkey model with the pistol grip? What are the pros/ cons to the gun? Tossing around 20ga ideas and this one has caught my attention some.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Have it in .410 and can't find any Cons yet. Great feeling and shooting little gun.

I'd be checking reviews for issues. Wasn't a tristar but have owned a Turkish made CD semi auto that failed due to bad bolt lock lug, no parts available. Didn't see a many years of use either.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

I bought one from PSA last year, but I never shot it as the trigger was stiff (7lbs). It is currently at William Lambert’s getting some trigger work. I’m looking forward to toting it in the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by HartClemson99 View Post
    I bought one from PSA last year, but I never shot it as the trigger was stiff (7lbs). It is currently at William Lambert’s getting some trigger work. I’m looking forward to toting it in the woods.

Jane's TriStar had a very stiff trigger as well.
    I took a dremel to it and problem solved!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

if you wouldnt buy cheap knock off shit trying to save a dime you wouldnt have that problem
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    if you wouldnt buy cheap knock off shit trying to save a dime you wouldnt have that problem
    FUCK OFF!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Cost my son a bird last year. Broken bolt lock
    4394A9EE-620F-4866-B11C-969AFBE82669.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HartClemson99 View Post

I think you need to go Wrist Rocket only.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    I think you need to go Wrist Rocket only.
    Hell that might even be too much in his favor, maybe just a rock or a stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

I have 3 of them the .410 , 20 , and 12ga and I think they are really nice shoot goad and pattern well!
    If You Bait them They Will Come!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCutEmAll_SC View Post
    I have 3 of them the .410 , 20 , and 12ga and I think they are really nice shoot goad and pattern well!
    I have the G2 Viper in 410. It's trouble free. I shoot skeet with it.......Lots of fun!

How does it compare to the a Legacy Pointer .410?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    How does it compare to the a Legacy Pointer .410?
    Never shot a legacy. Based on their almost no warranty and negative reviews....I'd recommend staying away.....Fellow rabbit hunter has one in 20 ga.. Won't run 100%. He sent it back and it came back still broke. They gave him a rash of crap about the ammo he was using..........DO NOT BUY ANY LEGACY SHOTGUNS!!!