Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: From Diesel to Gas

Default From Diesel to Gas

Anyone swap from a diesel truck back to gas? Any regrets? I have thought about it but haven't done it.

I went from an F350 to a Tundra. The few times I've pulled some weight I could definitely tell a difference, but 95% of the time I prefer it to the diesel. No regrets on my end.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 02-20-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Went from an F350 to an F150. Went back to a diesel 2 months later. Could probably get by with a big block gas but just prefer a diesel. I’d have to take a serious look at the new 7.3L in the super duty though.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Went from a 2500 to a 1500. Rides 10 times better.

I’ll stick with my 2500
    80-20 Genaration

Well, more specifically. Staying with a 3/4 ton truck but going to a gas motor. I'm not considering dropping down to a 1/2 ton.

Went from a 05 Duramax to a 17 tundra. I miss the diesel when towing any distance, but the tundra will flat go & tows anything I need. My youngest wished I kept the duramax for him.

I went from a f250 with the 7.3 to a f250 with the 6.2 gas with no regrets
    Reloaders love a good piece of brass<br />Not only did Samuel colt make all men equal.....He also made it easier for me to sleep well at <br />night

Got a 2011 duramax. It’s nice but doesn’t ride or park anywhere near as well as my f150
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I've driven 3/4 ton trucks for a dozen years, but I'm happy with my Tundra now.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Jenkins View Post
    I went from a f250 with the 7.3 to a f250 with the 6.2 gas with no regrets
    Heathen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I want to try a Tundra if a buyer comes along on my diesel.

My diesel Colorado has reassured me to never buy another gas truck. I am racking up miles or towing. Sometimes both.

27 mpg lifetime average on truck. 21 mpg towing a 17’ fiberglass boat, 28 mpg commuting on interstate and 32mpg running 55 on the back roads.

The only pros I can think of on a 3/4 ton gas truck vs. a diesel is that the sticker cost is less. The rest are cons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Pull a trailer weekly, daily, depending on site. I cant see doing it again with a gas motor, I went from a 2500 6.0 to 250 6.7 that KRT sprinkled the voodoo dust on. She will pull the paint off my old chevy. That said, If I didnt "need" a diesel, I probably wouldn't have one...but that smell.....that diesel smell.....smells like...Victory.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Pull a trailer weekly, daily, depending on site. I cant see doing it again with a gas motor, I went from a 2500 6.0 to 250 6.7 that KRT sprinkled the voodoo dust on. She will pull the paint off my old chevy. That said, If I didnt "need" a diesel, I probably wouldn't have one...but that smell.....that diesel smell.....smells like...Victory.
    Last sentence is sig worthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

KRT did some black magic to my diesel and that bitch will move a mountain. I pull my camper home last week and got 13.8 mpg. I pull a 251xs scout and get 17 mpg and get 22 mpg when pulling nothing.

Mannnn that voodoo dust and black magic is the shit !!
    More fuel = more boost!!

So this Tundra Platinum with a Magnuson supercharger has perked some interest.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I wonder how long before Tundra has a diesel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson