Thread: Rookie Question - Beaver Set

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Also did one of the springs on the 330 not open? I see only one open in the pics. Did the safety fall down and keep the spring from opening? If so you can add a little bit of thin wire to the spring coil and then once you set the trap you slide the safety up and wrap the thin wire around it to hold it up and out of the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    Also did one of the springs on the 330 not open? I see only one open in the pics. Did the safety fall down and keep the spring from opening? If so you can add a little bit of thin wire to the spring coil and then once you set the trap you slide the safety up and wrap the thin wire around it to hold it up and out of the way.
    Thanks for the videos.

One spring didn’t fire. I set the trap upside down so the trigger hinge was at the bottom. After setting everything up the water had dropped a little and I needed to move the trap deeper to keep it legal. I’m guessing I didn’t take one safety off after repositioning. I thought I had removed them both. I’m not happy with the type of safety so adding the wire will be a good thing.

I primed and painted the traps today. They should be good and dry by Tuesday. I may go and make a few sets this week.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter