Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Ford Ecoboosts

And I guess I should have clarified that I'm not expecting 20mpg. I'm just looking for a dependable daily driver without having the upkeep of a second older vehicle as far as the extra insurance, maintenance, etc. That's why I was asking about the newer Ecos.

I have a leveling kit here with your name on it.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCmudder7071 View Post
    That is one thing I've never done and that is lift a truck. Whatever I decide on will be leveled and just a tad bigger tire than factory.
    Haha well that's all you need to do to bring it down 3 mpg...33.5 in bfg AT and a leveling kit on a 13 ecoboost. I average 17.5 on the hwy and about 16 if I don't touch the reset for a week or two. It was pretty easy to avg 18-19 with factory tires, however, I do like to hear those turbos sing. You can't be mad about that in a full size truck. I'm about to hit 60,000 miles and I'm going to buy the extended warranty from ford. I love the Eco, but I still worry about longevity. Ktowndickhunter has a 5.0 with 190k of the hardest miles you can put on a truck with no issues. I would t buy a hammer from him.
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

I know this. Again, I asked about dependability.

I know this. Again, I asked about dependability.
    Well that's what I was telling you about...quit hollering at me.
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    Ktowndickhunter has a 5.0 with 190k of the hardest miles you can put on a truck with no issues. I would t buy a hammer from him.
    That truck is one BASOB! Don't be jealous, that ecoboost can't live up to it
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So, do you buy your women too, or just your ducks?

Well that's what I was telling you about...quit hollering at me.
    Was driving and didn't realize you got in depth about reliability. Sorry about that. Just saw the mileage thing lol. Thanks for the info!

Bought a 2011 F150 3.5 ecoboost...Lariat 4 door 4X4 3.55 rear end. Put 65,xxx miles on it getting 17mpg around town and 19mpg hwy running 75mph. 80mph dropped it back to 17ish. Towing my bass boat local was around 14mpg. Towed polaris ranger to Illinois and got 11. Yep 11. Had a random miss/skip that they could never diagnose and the very common water ingestion via the intercooler. Nice truck but just didn't fully trust it after the last water hiccup.

Sold it and bought a 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel...Laramie 4 door 4X4 3.55 rear end so basically same truck specs. Have 45,xxx miles on it currently and get an easy 22mpg around town and 26MPG running 80mpg on the interstate. It's legit. Don't have to baby it at all like I did with the Ford. Get 17 towing the same bass boat and towed the same polaris to Illinois last year and got just over 19mpg! Had 2 sensors replaced in the first 10,000 miles related to the SCR and no idea on long term reliability yet. Much better ride than the Ford and the 8 speed tranny is pretty sweet.

I've heard good stuff about the newer dodges. Just never could bring myself to even consider them anymore because their old stuff was complete junk
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Well I guess it was fate. Found a 2016 Z71 with everything I wanted cheaper than I could get a F-150. Going Monday to take a gander at it. KRT, you got a leveling kit with my name for one

Well I guess it was fate. Found a 2016 Z71 with everything I wanted cheaper than I could get a F-150. Going Monday to take a gander at it. KRT, you got a leveling kit with my name for one
    You gonna love it. Bout 20.7 on the interstate or better and 18 round town. The DI in the 2014 and up are Nice.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

go ahead and plan on doing the delete. i wanted to go chevrolet until i relaized how much smaller the backseats were than the fords
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Buying a dodge is like marrying a whore and trying to convince everybody she's changed and is a good girl.

Buying a dodge is like marrying a whore and trying to convince everybody she's changed and is a good girl.

You are one funny dude, I swear.

Keep Chevrolet kits in stock. I'll hold you one.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Keep Chevrolet kits in stock. I'll hold you one.
    Good deal. I'll be in touch.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I'm curious as to why? I don't disagree, just curious.
    Direct injection gas engine equals gunked up intake valves in nearly application that it has been tried. They never get washed by the fuel. The VW 2.0 turbo is notorious for this. Good mileage and plenty of power but you pay for it eventually.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Hahaha yes.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    Direct injection gas engine equals gunked up intake valves in nearly application that it has been tried. They never get washed by the fuel. The VW 2.0 turbo is notorious for this. Good mileage and plenty of power but you pay for it eventually.
    DUH? I still can't nobody has come up with a 2-stroke car engine. BRP workin on it. Big Time is what I heard
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Out with the old and in with the new. Thanks for all the info even tho I went with something totally different than what I asked about.