Thread: scared one

Default scared one

tried a new spot this morning behind the house. swamps got a good bit of water in it, put climber up last night next to some drier ground with a deer trail crossing both sides. 7:38 this morning i heard deer splashing in water then saw a big doe come slipping up on trail just north of me. i grunted and stopped her just quartering to me slightly at 16yds. put the first pin right at her arm pit and released. arrow was going right for the mark when it made a sharp right turn. deer took off and i could clearly see no wound or blood on opposite side. i think i nicked a vine or sapling that i didn't see through peep sight. no blood to be found. ended up breaking the arrow, but that's better than a wounded deer i reckon. been slow season for me this year, wish i had more to share.

Good deal, fun to sling some every now and then. I'm yet to get a grey squirrel but it will happen one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.