Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Case of Spin!

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    Battle thinks he is ready for the NFL. Clemson has other players pushing him hard, and he knows if he stays and loses his starting job it would hurt his NFL stock. That's the one and only reason he is leaving.
    Believe what you want. I can tell you this is from the horse's mouth. Some folks know what they are talking about, and some just spew rhetoric and what they read on message boards.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...emental-draft/

Other reports state he is entering the supplemental draft for family issues and a baby on the way, nothing about being pushed by other players.
    Last edited by davisd9; 06-25-2015 at 01:04 PM.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

The newest reports marijuana possession as well.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

There is no spin. Battle was given the option to enter the supplemental draft or face consequences for the marijuana charge. He chose to leave. Clemson will miss him, sometimes. When he wanted to play, he could be a very good, never great, LT. He was a starter for a reason.

I hate it for him because he has wasted major NFL upside. Scouts have been dying for him to show them something, and he could have been a rich man with some drive. He just doesn't have it in him.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

.......and Wyatt is a lot better anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    .......and Wyatt is a lot better anyway.
    Who is Wyatt?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Who is Wyatt?
    The true freshman behind him. How do I know that and you don't?

Oh, Clemson's got a 5* true freshman named Wyatt too?

Between him and Mitch Hyatt they should be able to handle it with some experience.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 06-25-2015 at 01:41 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Who is Wyatt?
    Let's go with Hyatt,......lol
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 06-25-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Oh, Clemson's got a 5* true freshman named Wyatt too?

Between him and Mitch Hyatt they should be able to handle it with some experience.
    That made me laugh....yep that's him Hyatt

Believe what you want. I can tell you this is from the horse's mouth. Some folks know what they are talking about, and some just spew rhetoric and what they read on message boards.
    Or some folks may be much more in the know than any message board chatter. Just because I don't pull for the Tigers, don't think there are things that I don't know, for fact. I could show you some things, but that would just take all the fun out of listening to you guys tell yourselves how good you always are.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Clemson's drug problem seems to be on par with UGA.
    havent seen any arrests this year.... summers not over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    havent seen any arrests this year.... summers not over yet.
    Georgia is doing well. LSU and Bama are towing the line this yr lol

Quote Originally Posted by Air Raid View Post
    Or some folks may be much more in the know than any message board chatter. Just because I don't pull for the Tigers, don't think there are things that I don't know, for fact. I could show you some things, but that would just take all the fun out of listening to you guys tell yourselves how good you always are.
    haha gotcha. What do I know...

I guess talking with someone live this morning in Boca Grande who was on vacation there about this subject wasn't enough fact.

The marijuana, kids, family, etc. was a smokescreen. Simple possession would have cost him what, 2-4 games? That was not it. You don't enter a supplemental draft because of family. The risk is huge for a player in the supplemental.

There fact is there was too much grey area for him in his mind if he stayed. He was being pushed by others because he has never lived up to his potential. Measurables are only part of it, gotta have a heart, and head.

There was a great chance that Hyatt would have taken over the starting position at some point during the year and he could sense it, so he was chicken and pulled the eject lever. He sat there and saw all these teammates get drafted or get a pro contract this past season and he started listening to all the outside influences.

Some of these kids just don't get it. He can play, no doubt. But this is a bad move.

It also puts Clemson in a depth situation at LT, and that is my concern.
    Last edited by LowcountryBuck; 06-25-2015 at 03:18 PM.

I guess talking with someone live this morning in Boca Grande who was on vacation there about this subject wasn't enough fact.

The marijuana, kids, family, etc. was a smokescreen. Simple possession would have cost him what, 2-4 games? That was not it. You don't enter a supplemental draft because of family. The risk is huge for a player in the supplemental.

There fact is there was too much grey area for him in his mind if he stayed. He was being pushed by others because he has never lived up to his potential. Measurables are only part of it, gotta have a heart, and head.

There was a great chance that Hyatt would have taken over the starting position at some point during the year and he could sense it, so he was chicken and pulled the eject lever. He sat there and saw all these teammates get drafted or get a pro contract this past season and he started listening to all the outside influences.

Some of these kids just don't get it. He can play, no doubt. But this is a bad move.

Battle was looking at 4 with no chance of a 2 game suspension. His name isnt Sammy Potkins

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Battle was looking at 4 with no chance of a 2 game suspension. His name isnt Sammy Potkins
    During his 4 game suspension he could have worked keeping Venables off the sideline. That would have looked good on his resume since he is headed for failure in the NFL.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I've pointed this out before, but to openly hope that young people fail or to celebrate their failures is pretty fucked up. Regardless of the school they choose, they are still young adults with a lot of life ahead of them. I hope that Clemson beats South Carolina on the field, but it benefits all of us if the individual young men are successful.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

It's your story. Tell it however you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Damn, I guess you learn a lot while washing clem tech jock straps
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    During his 4 game suspension he could have worked keeping Venables off the sideline. That would have looked good on his resume since he is headed for failure in the NFL.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Think they'd make a video for him too?

So you sat there and listened to the Head Spin-Master tell you that a marijuana suspension was a smoke screen? Only someone so delusional can be told that, and then make themselves believe it. It is a willing ignorance.

Do some research on the supplemental draft. It ain't pretty. This kid had no choice. There's a squeaky-clean persona that needs to be held up in Taterland.