Thread: Gander:

Didn't know if you knew about this place, but I know how much you like to shoot clays.Don't know much about it but from the ads it seems like it would be a nice place to shoot.
    www.carolinastar.com
    TEAM CODY!<br />\"No intelligent man can live in the great outdoors without being compelled to believe that there is an overrulling power.\"<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.boykinrescue.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.boykinrescue.org</a>

I’m primarily a Sporting Clays shooter, so I’ve never ventured over there myself. However, after looking at their website, it looks like they have Sporting clays. From what I understand the lady that own the place is a terrific Trap shooter and that is their primary discipline. Their prices for trap seems kinda high. On the few occasions I have shot trap, I have paid either $2-$3 per round. My buddy has told me they have a really tall tower where you can shoot some high targets. If it’s close enough to you, give it a try. I may run by there sometime to check it out myself. I have been to Pinetucky over the border there in Augusta, and like that place ok. I know a guy by the name of Steve Tillman that runs a gunshop in Edgefield and he tells me he is opening up a clays course sometime in November that should be the bomb. They have ordered 100 trap machines and they plan on running 2 full courses, plus other stuff. I also spoke with John Edens a few weeks ago and he claims he is looking at opening up another course in the near future over that way.

I've only shot clay's a few times and don't know much about the differences between the types but I have developed a little interest and was looking into giving it a try.Anything to help improve my shooting.Just got fitted for glasses so it looks like Im going to need it now more than ever. When I get the chance to shoot at C. Star I'll let you know how the place is.
    Im in the middle, about thirty minutes from pinetucky, C.Star and the place your friend Tillman is building. Maybe a few minutes closer to edgefield. If you don't mind give me a holler when he gets his place up and running.
    TEAM CODY!<br />\"No intelligent man can live in the great outdoors without being compelled to believe that there is an overrulling power.\"<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.boykinrescue.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.boykinrescue.org</a>

Gander, do you know where you will be shooting on the first weekend in October? If possible I would like to meet you.

October 1st, 2nd and 3rd, I’ll be in Rocky Mount, NC shooting in a tournament. The following weekend, I’ll most likely be at the Clinton House, either Saturday or Sunday.