Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 Wheeler Racks

Default 4 Wheeler Racks

Well I finally broke down and bought some racks for my 4 wheelers. I've been wanting some to help put corn out and mainly for dove hunting, due to having to tote water for my black lab that gets hot Fast. Found a set of new universal front and rear racks off Ebay made by Best Choice Products for $115 shipped. Got them in and put on yesterday. Feel strong and sturdy, trust me I will find out. Only two issues: two of the bolts for the rear rack were too long for where I wanted to place the mounting plates so I had to cut them shorter, second the rear rack extended a lot further off the back of the 4 wheeler than I wanted. Having seen this on a buddy's 4 wheeler and how his rear would squat down real bad with any kind of weight on it, I slide the rack forward 4.5" and cut out a new slot for the rear upright bar on the 4 wheeler. Doing this also gives me the ability to make some board to drop in the old slot for the upright to keep items from sliding forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Not a fan of rear racks. If you actually use them they will eventually damage and break the bolts that hold the factory rack on. Small utility trailer is the way to go for any kind of load. Or buy a UTV. Just my experience...good luck.

Nice barn
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mhogancu View Post
    Nice barn
    Can't hide money can you?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I like that front basket what are the dimensions on it?

daddy's money
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I believe I have the same racks from Ebay. Almost 6 years now no problems.

Nice new barn
    FIFY.

Nobody's barn is that clean unless it's new. Or they're old and retired and tired of listening to their wife in the house.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    FIFY.

Nobody's barn is that clean unless it's new. Or they're old and retired and tired of listening to their wife in the house.
    Not necessarily. I know a guy in Rock Hill that keeps his that clean if not cleaner. He has been known to have a few parties in it from time to time.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

If you are going to have rear racks, drop baskets are the only way to go. Flat racks will break sooner or later.

I've worn out a back rack and the stock rack it mounts to on my rancher. It's not much trouble to replace them when they finally fail. I've hauled a trainload of corn and the dogs think it was made for them to ride.

It's probably a good idea to move it forward and eliminate some of the leverage it has when loaded. Can you still get your seat off easily if you need to get to the battery or breather?

I've got a trailer I can use too when I'm filling all the feeders at once but it's a lot easier to just throw a few bags on the rack. I've had a 200+ lb. deer on the back and it didn't make the fenders rub the tires.

It can be a conflict to use the trailer because of the rack. If I go through a ditch, the trailer hits the rack. If the tongue on the trailer was a couple inches longer, it wouldn't be an issue. If I had a drop rack, I don't think I could get to the trailer ball.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 07-17-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Not necessarily. I know a guy in Rock Hill that keeps his that clean if not cleaner. He has been known to have a few parties in it from time to time.
    The occasional horseshit accident will break the new concrete in that picture in in no time.

It is a nice barn, though.

I don't keep my shit that clean.

I blow her out when I blow off the driveway after I cut grass.

I might take a water hose to the walls once a year to knock the dust off... other than that, it's a fuckin' barn.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    If you are going to have rear racks, drop baskets are the only way to go. Flat racks will break sooner or later.
    X2 I took mine by Rhino Liner years ago and had the drop basket and front basket sprayed when they were shooting a black liner.

Must have some house broke horses.

I had this old mare take a piss midway through unsaddling her last week, wanted to kick that old bitch in the gut for splattering piss all over the place...

No barn in use looks that good for long unless you got the maid spending more time in the barn instead of the house.
    cut\'em

the hell with a horse. My four wheeler don't shit or eat and dang sure aint never bit or kicked me. Only cost a little when its time for some gas or a oil change.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumpers View Post
    I like that front basket what are the dimensions on it?
    17"(L) x 36"(W) x 6.5"(H)

big enough to hold my 65 quart Yeti.
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I've worn out a back rack and the stock rack it mounts to on my rancher. It's not much trouble to replace them when they finally fail. I've hauled a trainload of corn and the dogs think it was made for them to ride.

It's probably a good idea to move it forward and eliminate some of the leverage it has when loaded. Can you still get your seat off easily if you need to get to the battery or breather?

I've got a trailer I can use too when I'm filling all the feeders at once but it's a lot easier to just throw a few bags on the rack. I've had a 200+ lb. deer on the back and it didn't make the fenders rub the tires.

It can be a conflict to use the trailer because of the rack. If I go through a ditch, the trailer hits the rack. If the tongue on the trailer was a couple inches longer, it wouldn't be an issue. If I had a drop rack, I don't think I could get to the trailer ball.

Yes this is why I moved the rear rack forward 4.5" to take some of the leverage off. I can still take the seat off and get to the battery without issue, made sure because I noticed it was close after I mounted it. Also trailer issue is why I decided not to put the rear rack on the 500 as that is the one that I will use to trailer things more often.

Nice barn
    Thanks Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    daddy's money
    Yes this is at my parents house. I never claimed that the barn was "mine". Yes the barn in clean. We use to have horses, not my idea, we now no longer have horses which is a blessing although I did enjoy riding and hunting off of them. So now the stalls are used for storage and my parents use the barn as a place to have parties, hence the clean appearance.
    Last edited by CUduckreeper; 07-18-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I have been told this and thought about going that route. However I decided to try the flat type first. I figured it would be easier for my lab to ride on leaving the dove field, as I stated he gets very hot some times. I am still going to rig up a board that I can drop in to keep shit from sliding forward. In the future I might switch to the drop basket.