Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pew...Pew...Pew

Owners fault definitely. Still wish/would like to think there might have been something else that could have been done besides putting the animal down like that. However in the heat of the moment I can't say that I wouldn't have done what the cop did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    And if it was a pit all you "That was hard to watch" fuckers would be applauding the cops on a good shoot and all the little tiny bay-bays the don't get eaten.
    False

I love pit bulls. I have hunted with them for many years, and just like anything else in the world it's about how they are raised. They can be great pets and I would trust one that I raised as much as I trust my lab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    False

I love pit bulls. I have hunted with them for many years, and just like anything else in the world it's about how they are raised. They can be great pets and I would trust one that I raised as much as I trust my lab.
    Do a quick search and you will see who I am referring to.

I would have rather seen that dumbass that owned the dog get shot rather than the dog that was just doing his job.
    Last edited by quackaddict; 07-02-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

School us on how to control and 80+lb rottie off the chain and trying to eat your ass? Taser? Then what? He going to all of a sudden turn into a lap dog? Mace? Mmmkay. Now you have a bittin' ass hurting dog you still can't get your hands on.

Sucks for the dog but if that big sumbitch comes at me and I have a peestal I'm DRT'n his ass.
    Before they put the cuffs on him, they should have commanded him to restrain the dog, just like they would with any other weapon. The first time the dog barked, they should have realized there was nothing stopping the dog from coming at them. Many dogs will try to protect their masters. I wouldn't call that an unprovoked attack by an aggressive dog.

What did the guy do to get cuffed any way? Take pictures? Call them a name? He sure didn't look like he was disrupting them in any way.

And I'm sure you would have done every bit of that in exactly that order too huh. Right before you pissed yourself when that big bastard gnawed on your leg.

Like I said. Change the breed of that dog and all these opinions would be 180.

I don't think that you were talking to me, but my opinion wouldn't change if that dog were a Rottie, a pug, or a pit. He's(the owner) the reason that dog is dead.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Want to know what Paula Deen said about this?
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

And I'm sure you would have done every bit of that in exactly that order too huh. Right before you pissed yourself when that big bastard gnawed on your leg.

Exactly.

Easy to armchair QB and "think" you would have noticed and assumed the dog would leap from the window and start showing agression.

Not sure that many disagree with you though. Just Palmetto Bug (can you imagine having to deal with someone like him daily....whewww) and a few others who have the knee jerk reaction to a grapic scene.

Any large attacking dog needs killin.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Exactly.

Easy to armchair QB and "think" you would have noticed and assumed the dog would leap from the window and start showing agression.
    When you look up and see a big dog barking at you while you are cuffing his master, yes, you should consider that there is nothing stopping him from coming at you. In fact, when you see someone walking a big Rottie, it would seem natural that a cop would consider it a possible weapon and make sure the weapon is secured before you turn your back on it.

Cops should take some lessons from zoo keepers on their handling of animals and people. Their job is to get them restrained and only kill them as a last resort. They need to leave their tempers at home. Handling aggressive dogs (without shooting them) should be part of a cops training just like it's part of a mail handler's training

I am still wondering why they were cuffing the dog's owner.

The owner does indeed share blame though. He did not secure his dog

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    When you look up and see a big dog barking at you while you are cuffing his master, yes, you should consider that there is nothing stopping him from coming at you. In fact, when you see someone walking a big Rottie, it would seem natural that a cop would consider it a possible weapon and make sure the weapon is secured before you turn your back on it.

Cops should take some lessons from zoo keepers on their handling of animals and people. Their job is to get them restrained and only kill them as a last resort. They need to leave their tempers at home. Handling aggressive dogs (without shooting them) should be part of a cops training just like it's part of a mail handler's training

I am still wondering why they were cuffing the dog's owner.

The owner does indeed share blame though. He did not secure his dog
    Tell me how they secure the dog? I'm being serious. Let's problem solve this bitch by brainstorming. It's a method we use around here. Go...

Thats aggravating to watch in so many ways.

Don't forget the "what if's" too, damnit

Tell me how they secure the dog? I'm being serious. Let's problem solve this bitch by brainstorming. It's a method we use around here. Go...
    In this instance, the only way for "they" to secure that dog was to make sure dumbass rolls up his windows enough that Kujo can't get out of the car and bite their ass. Otherwise, there wasn't much "they" could do, unless one of them had a K-9 in their car...then they could have gone Mike Vick style and let the dogs handle things themselves.

Before you cuff the owner, you tell him to restrain his dog, at gun point if you feel it necessary.

I just can't imagine shooting a pet dog just because it charged and barked at me. Who hasn't had a dog charge them like that? It's a friggin' dog, not a lion. It would have to be latched on my leg before I shot and even then I'd probably try whopping it with the gun before shooting. I bet I can get through an entire life without shooting a pet dog. I've been bitten plenty of times before and I'm not that scared of another dog bite.

Some of the folks here talk like they are locked, cocked and ready to shoot a dog if it wrinkles its lip. They'd probably die of fright if they went hog hunting with a pack of vicious pit bulls and had to get amongst them to kill the pig.

Imagine yourself in a similar situation. You are walking your Lab in the neighborhood and see a bunch of cops arresting one of your neighbors. You decide to take pictures because they look like they are over doing the necessary force. The cops don't like having their pictures taken and come to arrest you. You put your dog in the truck and the windows are down. You are not concerned about your dog jumping out because he never has before. But once the cops approach you, your dog and best friend senses the aggression and tries to come to your aid. He runs at the cop and the cop pumps six rounds in him while you are trying to convince them he won't bite.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 07-02-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    In this instance, the only way for "they" to secure that dog was to make sure dumbass rolls up his windows enough that Kujo can't get out of the car and bite their ass. Otherwise, there wasn't much "they" could do, unless one of them had a K-9 in their car...then they could have gone Mike Vick style and let the dogs handle things themselves.
    Okay. "Sir, before we cuff you would you mind going and rolling the windows of your car up so your dog doesn't bit us. We'll wait right here."

Scenario A: Jerome gets in his car and hauls ass.

Scenario B: Jerome lets the dog out to bite the cops.

Scenario C: Jerome walks to his car, rolls his windows up and the goes back to get cuffed.

Hmmmm.

And I don't know, nor do I care, why they were cuffing Jerome. I'm sure it was for some bullshit but regardless the dog got out and went after 'em.

I agree with you...like I said, the only reason that dog is dead is becuase his owner, and there wasn't much the cops could do. Jerome seems like the kind of individual that his mama should have swallowed way back when, before he became an issue.
    Last edited by quackaddict; 07-02-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Before you cuff the owner, you tell him to restrain his dog, at gun point if you feel it necessary.

I just can't imagine shooting a pet dog just because it charged and barked at me. Who hasn't had a dog charge them like that? It's a friggin' dog, not a lion. It would have to be latched on my leg before I shot and even then I'd probably try whopping it with the gun before shooting. I bet I can get through an entire life without shooting a pet dog. I've been bitten plenty of times before and I'm not that scared of another dog bite.

Some of the folks here talk like they are locked, cocked and ready to shoot a dog if it wrinkles its lip. They'd probably die of fright if they went hog hunting with a pack of vicious pit bulls and had to get amongst them to kill the pig.

Imagine yourself in a similar situation. You are walking your Lab in the neighborhood and see a bunch of cops arresting one of your neighbors. You decide to take pictures because they look like they are over doing the necessary force. The cops don't like having their pictures taken and come to arrest you. You put your dog in the truck and the windows are down. You are not concerned about your dog jumping out because he never has before. But once the cops approach you, your dog and best friend senses the aggression and tries to come to your aid. He runs at the cop and the cop pumps six rounds in him while you are trying to convince them he won't bite.
    If he would have been minding his own damn business it all could have been avoided. Put your dog in the car and go home. But that isn't the point. The dog did get out. It wasn't a yorkie. It was a rottie. Big one too. And they can and will do damage and have aggressive propensities at any time. In that scenario shown, the police did what most would do. They shot a dog that could do a shit load of damage. I work with pets for a living. But at no time have I ever or will I ever put mine, yours or anyone's pets life over the safety of a human. Ever. And yes I have been bit plenty. Occupational hazard. I used to think it was macho to get in there and rassle 'em. Now, at 44, if they show teeth, regardless of size and you the owner can't muzzle 'em then you can carry it somewhere else. I don't get bit no mo. Ever.

There was a riot on the streets tell me where were you?

What bout cats?? I remember a photo of one getting your arm real good one time with his claws.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?