Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dancing With Coyotes

I would have played with him too. But, would probably have killed him afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by birdboy View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you ever sneak out of the house or do something you weren't supposed to do when you were growing up? Did anyone cut your balls off because of it?

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Surely as big as you are, you don't feel threatened by a single 50lb dog?
    According to some, a 5lb possum gives me conniptions...

I am not food, yet. I dont care for something to be eyeballing me and wondering how I taste.

Surely you wouldnt approach him all snuggly wuggly thinking he was a disney character would you? That wasnt a grey fox kit, and those were not playful nips on the boot.

Nope, no playing except to keep him interested and hanging around long enough for me to pick up something to ventilate him with.

White fang was an entertaining read, but is a work of fiction and was written by a communist.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    That 50lb dog could take a hunk out of most anybody's leg..

And I like to kill things, so yeah, I would love to kill it..

With a 9 iron

Biz, you should take all the photos from all the animals that have faced the wrath of your 9 iron, and make a leather bound coffee table book.

I want a signed copy.

And it's time a swung a club.

Santee National, when the weather gets good. Holler.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Thought you preferred the putter PBiz?

I've had all sorts of wild animal pets. Most show their playful side at some point. Some can't ever be fully trusted but it is possible to establish a relationship or at least an understanding with them. This coyote looks like he's mostly playing. It surprises me, although it shouldn't, that so many on here are so damn afraid of critters.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    According to some, a 5lb possum gives me conniptions...

I am not food, yet. I dont care for something to be eyeballing me and wondering how I taste.

Surely you wouldnt approach him all snuggly wuggly thinking he was a disney character would you? That wasnt a grey fox kit, and those were not playful nips on the boot.

Nope, no playing except to keep him interested and hanging around long enough for me to pick up something to ventilate him with.

White fang was an entertaining read, but is a work of fiction and was written by a communist.

Personally I would have no desire or need to walk up to coyote wondering down a road, but I wouldn't run from one, if he appeared.

Coyotes aren't very intimidating animals. I've probably taken a dozen or more out of foot traps, wearing a thick carhartt jacket, welding gloves, and using a beach towel to toss over it's head.
    They snarl, growl, and sound like they are gonna rip you to shreds, but they aren't strong, and as I'm sure you know, pretty frail and feeble feeling under that fur.....not much more than skin and bones.

In that video, I saw an animal that probably hangs around that camp because somebody there tosses scraps to him.
    I saw a curious dog, testing the camera man a bit, but certainly saw no threat to his life, and apparently neither did the camera man.
    He appears to have sat on the ground at the end of the clip.

I loved White Fang....the book and the film.

I always carry a decent locking knife, but will be honest and say I'd be hunting a good stiff stick if I stumbled across a gray wolf in the woods, and he was approaching me the way this coyote did........but a coyote is a far cry from a gray wolf.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I've had all sorts of wild animal pets. Most show their playful side at some point. Some can't ever be fully trusted but it is possible to establish a relationship or at least an understanding with them. This coyote looks like he's mostly playing. It surprises me, although it shouldn't, that so many on here are so damn afraid of critters.

Fear and respect are two different things.

This guy had neither:

Granted, this was a grizzly feast and not a coyote tryst in the snow. The logic for the argument is valid.

I have been baiting but none of the coyote whisperers will answer, show me playfulness in the yote's behavior.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post

Experience with handling wild animals, you learn to read them quite well.

There is always the element of wild in them, and at times, especially males, will test you, but a dominance is established and at the end of the day, you know you are far more powerful....

That being said, I'd never try to raise a coastal black bear cub, if I were to find one huddled by a laid over pine.

I saw a curious dog, testing the camera man a bit, but certainly saw no threat to his life
    I saw the same thing then. Disregard the previous question.

FWIW, for carnivores hunger breeds curiosity. The hungrier, the curiouser. This one was kind of hungry in my humble opinion, and my experience with coyotes has been limited to pick up their ventilated carcasses to throw it in a ditch.

Please somebody post that video of that asshole that was eaten by a bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Please somebody post that video of that asshole that was eaten by a bear.

This is my cue to exit.

One dude, shredded and left with his wang exposed is more than I needed to see anyway.