Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Guns

If somebody doesn't figure out a way to ban thumbnails from this fucking forum, tapatalk is history.

Good thread JAB!

Weatherby Vanguard 30-06 I killed my first deer with it and many others have followed. No idea how old it is but shoots like a dream. Once I killed the deer with it my father gave it to me, and bought him another rifle. I don't have the original stock, it was to nice of wood to hunt with so I swapped it with the Bell and Carlson. The wood is still at my parents house, in the box.
    Phillipians 4:13

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    If somebody doesn't figure out a way to ban thumbnails from this fucking forum, tapatalk is history.
    If u speak of mine, I have no idea what tapatalk is but unfortunately everything I post on this site is like that. I posted from a laptop with a sd card including photo. Please teach me how to make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks n sorry
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Host it in your scducks album.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Old .38 bodyguard that I'm pretty fond of. Hasn't had more than about 3-4 boxes through it since it was new.

This bottom one is the real deal. My grandfather carried this as a Marine in the pacific theater of WWII. He was not issued this weapon. He picked it up of of a dead tank operator. He made the pistol grips out of the windshield of a downed B-25. The pinup girl on the pistol grip matches the other side, but, if you take the grips off, there are pictures of topless Japanese women. He had the pistol plated when he got back from overseas. It's got a little rust on it, and when he gave it to me it was missing the spring retainer. I fixed it and acquire a couple magazines, it shoots like a dream. He died shortly after giving this to me, so it means a lot to me. I think I'm going to keep it as is and just clean it every so often, but, I've played around with maybe getting it redone. Not sure if that's a good idea or not though.

Other than that, I don't really have any guns that anybody would consider beautiful. None of my long guns have wood furniture.
    Quote Originally Posted by birdboy View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you ever sneak out of the house or do something you weren't supposed to do when you were growing up? Did anyone cut your balls off because of it?

Here is another. Handed down to me when I was 12 as it was given to my father when he was 12. It has killed many a deer, quail, squirrel, and rabbit. Never a duck though, hopfully that will change this season as it is a goal I have this year.

Remington Sportsman 58

Phillipians 4:13

1968 Light 20 that I need more practice with.

Quackersncheez, I would leave that one as he left it to you...

Oops I do have one left.

The 7mm08 Project gun has become my go to of late.

Hoping the Redux is as good.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

You know, now that I think of it, I have several that I wouldn't trade anything for.

Top of the heap - my Xtrema2...

Then there's the M77 MarkII in 25-06 that can get bacon of its own....

My Pops first shotgun, my first shotgun, and soon to be my sons first shotgun. Model 37 .410..it has killed everything that walked, crawled, or slithered.

Ruger super blackhawk .44 magnum. It will knock the hell out of a hog or deer or anything for that matter.

uploadfromtaptalk1355763171072.jpg
    Last edited by killzone; 12-17-2012 at 11:54 AM.

"Stubby" is the rifle on the doe on the left. It is an NEF 243 that's four years old and has killed five deer and four pigs. It's not just a youth gun, trust me. My son and my wife both killed their first deer ever with it.

The rifle on the right is a Browning Lever Rifle in .270. It's nine years old and has killed fourteen deer and two pigs.

Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

I really dont know where to start. The A5's and model 12 and my ruger #1 375 h&h would be up there.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Custom built and sporterized Model 96 Swedish Mauser - 6.5x55mm. Bought a stock military Model 96 and stripped the stock off of it. Spun off the original barrel and installed a new "in the white" surplus Swedish military barrel back onto it. Cut it at about 23" and had an 11 degree target crown put on. New bolt handle, matte blued, and a Timney trigger installed. Glass and pillar bedded into a beautiful walnut Bishop stock, currently topped with a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x50mm scope, German #4 reticle. This gun was built by a co-worker at SLED in 1996 and his killed a ton of deer. Deadly accurate (sub MOA) with properly assembled handloads using either 120-gr NBT's or 140-gr Sierra SPBT's.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quakersncheez, that bottom pistol is freaking beautiful!! I'd leave it exactly as it is!

Nice gun Swamp Rat!

I don't have any guns
    You've got one life. Blaze on!