Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concert Prices

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    After spending more than I was planning on at a Braves game last weekend, and reminders of my last concert a couple of years ago (Cody Jinx, blackout drunk white trash 1 out of every 10 people), I've come to the conclusion I'm officially not a fan of large gatherings. I'd much rather watch the game on TV or sit on my porch and listen to music, I'd probably choose one of those options even if offered free tickets.
    100%. I've definitely reached a point in my life where I embrace the introvert/ hermit lifestyle.
    "Mother Nature and Father Time- still undefeated."

Quote Originally Posted by Pcole View Post
    100%. I've definitely reached a point in my life where I embrace the introvert/ hermit lifestyle.
    My wife had a t shirt made for me during the pandemic that says “I’ve been social distancing my entire life”

ZB tickets are half the cost of Taylor Swift....and she has three shows in a row at the same venue. It is insane watching the Greenville moms talk about how they got tickets.

Smooth or brushed?
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    My three channels are Waylon Jennings, Janes Addiction, and Run DMC.

Today Waylon is playing.
    Add Mark Chesnutts channel to that.

After spending more than I was planning on at a Braves game last weekend, and reminders of my last concert a couple of years ago (Cody Jinx, blackout drunk white trash 1 out of every 10 people), I've come to the conclusion I'm officially not a fan of large gatherings. I'd much rather watch the game on TV or sit on my porch and listen to music, I'd probably choose one of those options even if offered free tickets.
    Me as well. We are going to see WSP next weekend and while I am looking forward to it, I am dreading the thought of being around 5000 of my “closest friends”.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Me as well. We are going to see WSP next weekend and while I am looking forward to it, I am dreading the thought of being around 5000 of my “closest friends”.
    I used to love going to Dead & Co shows until the last one I went about a year or two ago. Had a hoard of douche bags roll in late, squeeze in a spot they couldn’t fit (directly in front of me), and talk the whole time and be overall annoying as hell … last one of those concerts I’ve been too as well and I used to love going to those.

Only concert I enjoy now is the concert in the park deal in Valle Crucis that cranks up in late spring. Local bands, outside and spread out, lawn chairs, byo alcohol/bud/food, no trashy ass ppl, 7 minutes from my drive way. It’s perfect for ppl who want to socialize but on their terms, and an Irish good bye is always an option.

Life is just better when you don’t have to be around the general public.

Sig worthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcole View Post
    Same here. The hell with being around a bunch of random people at a concert. The only “crowd” I care to be in anymore is going to Church.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    $907.00 would be better spent buying a 65" flat screen, a sound bar with enough $$$ left over to buy a sack of weed.
    Sit back and watch YouTube concert videos in the comfort of your own home.
    This guy gets it!

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Slow learners? I learned my lesson at one of Hank Jr's NOshows at the Sumter Civic Center when I saw a guy knock his old lady out cold. Crowds? Nahhh.

Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Damn I bet that was a show. Wish I had been in that place 10/20/77...

It was. The one at the opera house was okay but Doug just keeping the music alive. Grew up with them
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Slow learners? I learned my lesson at one of Hank Jr's NOshows at the Sumter Civic Center when I saw a guy knock his old lady out cold. Crowds? Nahhh.
    She wants to go. I put my foot down on a lot but my guess is this is the last time she wants to go.
    cut\'em

I ain't judging. Have a ball. We can't quit living because of these assholes...

Filled up my tank on the way to work this morning...

There were three women still in their pajamas getting gas, coffee, and or scratch offs. One had the decency to wear a $3.99 Family Dollar/Dollar Tree "silk" boxer pants and top with a shower cap, and mask.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

You should join us Aug 10th at Boone Saloon for my brother's band. Then on the 12th we are planning on hitting Beech Mountain Resort for Grace Potter and Morgan Wade.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Lmao. I took my son to see the Friday game against the Astros last year in august and I paid around $80/ticket (second section up behind third base dugout). They had another series in Atlanta the week before my sons bday so thought it would be fun again, until I saw the same tickets were $180/each. Fuck that. I’ll watch it on tv and drink $1.50 beers instead of $18 beers.

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    Lmao. I took my son to see the Friday game against the Astros last year in august and I paid around $80/ticket (second section up behind third base dugout). They had another series in Atlanta the week before my sons bday so thought it would be fun again, until I saw the same tickets were $180/each. Fuck that. I’ll watch it on tv and drink $1.50 beers instead of $18 beers.

$75+ dollar tickets x5, parking at $40, concessions around $200 (didn't even get a beer), wife and kids wanted souvenirs so there goes another $150 (didn't get anything for myself) ... Left in the 8th inning so we could beat traffic. I much prefer the TV.