Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Insigator's Maiden Trolling Run

Stupid d*** voice to text and ,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    jws would be my first pick to fish with on this site because he doesn't seem needy and catches fish without hoopla
    Well shucks

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Different strokes, bubba. Then again, I think donkeys eat okay.

Wait a damn minute, you eat amberjack?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

I saw you pulling your Freeman north on 701 Sunday afternoon.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I'm older now and live 2 to two and a half hours of marinas I fished out of.. all of it seems so exhausting now.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Wait a damn minute, you eat amberjack?
    I can tell you've done this long enough to know your stuff, but I stick to my stance; donkey ain't bad. You could give it to 10 people, say it's wahoo, and 9 would think it's the best thing they've eaten. Troof.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Nine out of ten people are ugly and that's no reason to dress down

I believe you on the Amberjack being good, I just can’t get past the spaghetti worms. I’ve never caught one in SC that wasn’t slam eat up worms, big fish and small fish. People say they are just in the tail but that’s some BS.
    More Ducks, Less People

Quote Originally Posted by scquackaddict View Post
    I believe you on the Amberjack being good, I just can’t get past the spaghetti worms. I’ve never caught one in SC that wasn’t slam eat up worms, big fish and small fish. People say they are just in the tail but that’s some BS.
    I've only cleaned one and they were all thru it. I cut chunks of clean meat out of it and told the guy that wanted to keep it to take it home with him. After looking at the balls of worms left over, he ended up shit canning it.

I can tell you've done this long enough to know your stuff, but I stick to my stance; donkey ain't bad. You could give it to 10 people, say it's wahoo, and 9 would think it's the best thing they've eaten. Troof.
    When I lived in La I tried Amberjack and while it wasn’t gross it wasn’t equivalent to wahoo. On a side note, if you think Wahoo is great than you need to learn how to bottom fish.

*edited to add- AJ’s over here are full of worms and I’ve yet to see one that didn’t have them!
    Last edited by bitesize; 04-26-2022 at 08:07 AM.

Ha, i'd be the 1 out of 10 that would say, what the hell is that. I've heard it's good but I can't get past the worms, not to mention the higher chance of ciguatera poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

A lot of restaurants along the gulf serve AJ.

It’s a damn fine meal served at some upscale joints around Orange Beach.

If ours didn’t have worms, I certainly would put a few in the box each trip.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Easy 75% of my wahoo is served just like this...
    20210407_195812.jpg

the other 25% is made into ceviche or a crudo. Out of 2 dozen plus wahoo caught last year, I bet I only "cooked" two, maybe three pieces.

You could give it to 10 people, say it's wahoo, and 9 would think it's the best thing they've eaten. Troof.
    You need to run in some different crowds if this is true for you...no way someone mistakes Wahoo for AJ. Cobia, maybe, but not wahoo...

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    A lot of restaurants along the gulf serve AJ.

It’s a damn fine meal served at some upscale joints around Orange Beach.

If ours didn’t have worms, I certainly would put a few in the box each trip.
    Right on. Thanks for speaking the truth. People pile-on on here sometimes cuz they don't wanna go against the flow, when they actually don't know the difference themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    You need to run in some different crowds if this is true for you...no way someone mistakes Wahoo for AJ. Cobia, maybe, but not wahoo...
    The guys I fish with are part of the ten percent, bruh, not the ninety. The two main people I fish with run Freemans, not Bayliner dual consoles. Also, no gold chains.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 04-26-2022 at 09:34 AM.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Nine out of ten people are ugly and that's no reason to dress down
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I like triggers, then I'd take one wahoo over a few dolphin. Dolphin is like chicken.
    Glad you said it. I've never understood peoples fascination with Dolphin. It tastes like whatever you season it with.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

So you dang mouth-breathers would rather have one Wagyu steak than six dry-aged, bone-in ribeyes from Lugers? Didn't think so. Quantity over quality, unless the quality ain't THAT much higher.

The guys I fish with are part of the ten percent, bruh, not the ninety. The two main people I fish with run Freemans, not Bayliner dual consoles. Also, no gold chains.
    Congrats?

Thinking you misunderstood my point...anybody that "fishes" knows the difference between wahoo and AJ on the plate