Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Oh Dabo...

Oh bother. I am ready for the Covid again. This is just utter bullshit. Where does it end?

I am no history buff but suspect that all of the founding fathers were slave owners. At the time it was the cool thing to do. So do we wipe history clean? Not far from it now. My upcoming freshman has learned more US history from his mother, myself, and TV which is pure bullshit.

I know for one, my poor cracker ass cracker family did not own any people. Hell I think we may have been white slaves. I ain't mad about it. Pull your head out of your ass, go to work, make money, make a family, hope for health and move the fuck on!!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Is Deshawn gonna make Houston change its name? Is he gonna refuse to play for a town named for a slave owner? Is Hopkins gonna donate all that money he made playing in a slave town?

Money talks, and double standards get sooooo confusing.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Fuck Climp5in

These athletes really should get back to entertaining & stop with sharing their political views. No one gives a shit what they think. We wanna watch you play. Just like we wanna watch singers sing & actors act. I don't give a damn about their opinion on anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Fuck Climp5in
    We surely do have Clemson grad Nimrata Haley to thank for a lot of this cancel history culture, but she had a lot of help...

Until y'all stop letting 18-21 year old athletes dictate your Saturday mood, their opinions matter. Don't spend another penny on ungrateful athletes, pro down to amateurs.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Fuck Climp5in
    I love your dedication and sincerity. Never change, Rick. You are a diamond (in the rough).

(This post was made in the twilight of IV sedation. )
    Last edited by JJ1965; 06-09-2020 at 08:14 AM.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Default Oh Dabo...

It was a matter of time before this filtered down to college and high school. The black lash will be different than the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 06-09-2020 at 08:17 AM.

The Kapernaki dude will be perceived a martyr and receive 99 virgins
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Until y'all stop letting 18-21 year old athletes dictate your Saturday mood, their opinions matter. Don't spend another penny on ungrateful athletes, pro down to amateurs.
    100%. Don't love 'em when they're scoring TD's and helping “us" win "natties" and then hate 'em when they ask for something in return.

Kapernik dude is half white anyway.

Why can't entertainers of all varieties just shut the fuck up and do what they get paid to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    100%. Don't love 'em when they're scoring TD's and helping “us" win "natties" and then hate 'em when they ask for something in return.
    Leave LSU outta this

Lol @ Rick
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    These athletes really should get back to entertaining & stop with sharing their political views. No one gives a shit what they think. We wanna watch you play. Just like we wanna watch singers sing & actors act. I don't give a damn about their opinion on anything else.
    Sadly you are so wrong about so many people. I assume that you and I could careless but the rest of the nation? Just look at how many "followers" on social media these athletes, singers and actors have. Its crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Sadly you are so wrong about so many people. I assume that you and I could careless but the rest of the nation? Just look at how many "followers" on social media these athletes, singers and actors have. Its crazy.
    Oh it's rampant. The same folks that will tell you an actor/actress, musician, sportscaster and athlete needs to sit down and shut up will turn right around and quote/share something written/said by an actor/actress, musician, sportscaster and athlete if it fits inside their own echo chamber.

Well James Woods is the exception. That's one funny dude.

y'all make my head hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Oh it's rampant. The same folks that will tell you an actor/actress, musician, sportscaster and athlete needs to sit down and shut up will turn right around and quote/share something written/said by an actor/actress, musician, sportscaster and athlete if it fits inside their own echo chamber.
    I'm glad you (particularly) said it.

The building was named in 1981, so relatively speaking, we're not talking about a real"historical" issue. I'm not in favor of shakedowns, but this one is tame in comparison to most I've seen. It's an easy way for the school to show their actual support for a group of guys who've already given exponentially more to them.

And for the people asking "why now", how many of y'all would've taken such a stand when you were 18-20 years old? With no stage or supporting cast? You don't know his heart, so don't assume his intent. That mentality played a role in getting us to where we are now.

From the Honor College's website:

15-about-3.jpg

Nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I'm glad you (particularly) said it.

The building was named in 1981, so relatively speaking, we're not talking about a real"historical" issue. I'm not in favor of shakedowns, but this one is tame in comparison to most I've seen. It's an easy way for the school to show their actual support for a group of guys who've already given exponentially more to them.

And for the people asking "why now", how many of y'all would've taken such a stand when you were 18-20 years old? With no stage or supporting cast? You don't know his heart, so don't assume his intent. That mentality played a role in getting us to where we are now.
    We all have to dance to music we didn’t pick at some point in our lives. And you play that game until you get to a position where you pick the music.

Your post reminds me of this scene from Bull Durham.

Now that these guys are “in the show” they feel they get to pick the music. It’s what comes from either having or thinking you have FU money and talent.