Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Nomad Turkey Vest

Noone has yet reached the 20th
    Last edited by Sportin' Woodies; 02-02-2018 at 08:40 AM.

You could benefit from a severe case of Legionnaires' disease
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I've met a 17th before.

He lost his job and his wife ran off with the UPS man and took the kids.

He seemed okay with it. To be legioned sacrifices must be made.
    Last edited by Glenn; 02-02-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Noone has yet reached the 20th
    My 20th is under review by the Tom Kelly Official Committee of Legioning and Such As. In February of 2014 I traveled to Universal Studios in Orlando where I was made into an 83' tall cypress tree. I was moved by truck to Big Cypress WMA and placed among other cypresses to blend in. Over the next month turkeys began to use me as a roost tree, and finally on April 12, I was able to kill an Osceola gobbler by strangling him with the custom lanyard from my Buice Trumpet. The trumpet was made of desert ironwood, and apparently, only wood indigenous to South Florida is appropriate to qualify.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    My 20th is under review by the Tom Kelly Official Committee of Legioning and Such As. In February of 2014 I traveled to Universal Studios in Orlando where I was made into an 83' tall cypress tree. I was moved by truck to Big Cypress WMA and placed among other cypresses to blend in. Over the next month turkeys began to use me as a roost tree, and finally on April 12, I was able to kill an Osceola gobbler by strangling him with the custom lanyard from my Buice Trumpet. The trumpet was made of desert ironwood, and apparently, only wood indigenous to South Florida is appropriate to qualify.
    Strong

I had shoulder surgery on my right shoulder one March and killed 5 all left handed.

Only legioned me to like a 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I had shoulder surgery on my right shoulder one March and killed 5 all left handed.

Only legioned me to like a 3.
    You should have done it left handed, with a long bow. 5+ at least.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

If you did not involve a DACA dreamer child that has no interest in hunting, you did not reach the 20th. I've seen your pix and heard stories about you. You're barely in the 10th and you know it.

Correction. Keanu Reeves is in the 20th. Thx for the PM.

Correction. Keanu Reeves is in the 20th. Thx for the PM.
    LOL. Even though I've been promoted a few times, my preference is 9th legion... You're still allowed decoys at this level, camo doesn't have to match, and sub 12 gauge kills are not a requirement. I don't even own a trumpet. Kinda embarrassing to type that actually...
    Last edited by YoungBuckTX; 02-02-2018 at 11:10 AM.

So you're telling me there's a chance with guys that don't age..

Where do I fall in this legion of turkey doom with only one gobbler kill under my belt that happened behind my house crossing only 10ft over my property line with a Mossberg 535 shooting an old red 3 1/2 inch Winchester supreme #4!!!!

After reading youngbucktx post I forgot to mention I was using a 10$ quakerboy box call and a rubber hen decoy and a blow up jake decoy!!! And one pellet hit my jake decoy and deflated him but has been fixed with duck take and a sharpie marker.

There is no legion that will cover all my skill. I once killed 4 turkeys...with a pencil.

So...is there a pocket for a pencil??
    Last edited by MKW; 02-02-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    There is no legion that will cover all my skill. I once killed 4 turkeys...with a pencil.

So...is there a pocket for a pencil??
    You need one with a fall harness in case there is a log that has to be crossed!

If you did not involve a DACA dreamer child that has no interest in hunting, you did not reach the 20th. I've seen your pix and heard stories about you. You're barely in the 10th and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCtrkyhntr1 View Post
    You need one with a fall harness in case there is a log that has to be crossed!
    In that situation, I'd just throw the pencil like a dart...dead turkey.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

"You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Antonio Duckman Jones is 20th legion. I paid him ¥300 bitcoin last year to also join the 20th legion and he is supposed to mail me a certificate and a trumpet made from a chicken wing bone. I am so excited to get it in the mail soon, I have been waiting all year and he says it will be here soon. Also, does anyone know when NOMAD is hosting their beauty pageant? I don’t want to miss out on the latest spring fashion line for the woods this year.
    Last edited by marsh chicken; 02-02-2018 at 03:24 PM.