For what it's worth, I just installed my Nest Cam. I've got a Nest thermostat and I really like it.

The other day, I also added a WeMo switch to a 12' housing of dual LED bulbs. I mounted this above our cabinets.

I can use my Amazon Echo to tell Alexis "Turn on the lights." The light fixture then comes on.

I've also made a "rule" so that when my, or my wife's, phone arrives back home when it's dark outside, for the LED lights to automatically come on.

The camera knows when I'm away, and it'll record when my phone is not at the house. Also, when the thermostat senses motion, the LED light will come on, too, but only when the phone isn't home.

The video is nice and crisp. Night vision is pretty darn good. So far, after less than an hour of ownership, I'm impressed.

I also ordered a Nest outdoor camera today. Gonna get that set up next week.

Lastly, I am going to install 7 Mr. Beams networked, wireless/cordless, motion sensor LED spotlights tomorrow. http://www.mrbeams.com/mbn352-mr-bea...ight-netbright They're going outside. When one turns on, they all turn on. One for each corner of the house, two on each end of the front porch, and one at the trees in the middle of the circle drive. Should light everything up quite well upon arrival.