Thread: !! BREAKING!!! Dorner Shooting It Out With Cops

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus. Same as an SCBA for firefighting just different o-rings. Funny how they set the house on fire after seeing that.
    That's not quite true. SCBA tend to use carbon fiber wrapped tanks. SCUBA is either aluminum alloy or steel.

However, you CAN fill a SCUBA cylinder with 100% O2 there are just special precautions needed before filling (cleaning, O2 service parts, etc).
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by gooseaholic View Post
    That's not quite true. SCBA tend to use carbon fiber wrapped tanks. SCUBA is either aluminum alloy or steel.

However, you CAN fill a SCUBA cylinder with 100% O2 there are just special precautions needed before filling (cleaning, O2 service parts, etc).
    Ive got an old Scott airpack in my building that says different. Solid steel. Just a newer design with the wrapped tanks to keep them cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    Ive got an old Scott airpack in my building that says different. Solid steel. Just a newer design with the wrapped tanks to keep them cooler.
    I guess you missed the part that read, "tend" but thats ok... there is more to it than strapping an SCBA cylinder onto a SCUBA rig.
    Last edited by gooseaholic; 02-13-2013 at 07:59 AM.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter