Thread: Lipid Panel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Im not trying to discredit the diet but I suspect there is a pretty large confounding influence in many peoples numbers due to the addition of exercise as well as diet change. Glenn, were you exercising prior to going paleo or did you change both at the same time? I wonder if there would be an effect on an active person with a good lipid panel.
    "It's a numbers game" - Mac Owen
    Endangered: Farmers, Watermen, and Rural Life

Quote Originally Posted by sc high tide View Post
    Im not trying to discredit the diet but I suspect there is a pretty large confounding influence in many peoples numbers due to the addition of exercise as well as diet change. Glenn, were you exercising prior to going paleo or did you change both at the same time? I wonder if there would be an effect on an active person with a good lipid panel.
    I was exercising - not the same regimen that I follow now, but I was very active. Ran all the time, usually finished pretty well in local 5k's, but my diet sucked. I credit the diet change with my results. I don't think I work out any harder now compared to then, just smarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

So you basically just dropped the LDL. Im assuming sodium goes on the paleo plan. Do you think thats why you BP dropped or oher dietary changes. DDD how did you eat pre, just whatever you wanted to eat or did you follow any type of plan.
    Last edited by sc high tide; 02-20-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    "It's a numbers game" - Mac Owen
    Endangered: Farmers, Watermen, and Rural Life