Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: calling vs. killing ?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Glenn is working on getting an invite to hunt with someone I reckon.
    But I will bet he will at least shoot the bird. It may be right from under his host or his host's kids, but he won't get high and almighty and decide he has to shoot with a friggin bow.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I wanted to take Mergie's sister and let her shoot first, but alas it's to late.

Glenn you are my hero.

I love shooting turkeys but the ones that I have helped others kill stand out as some of the most exciting hunts I have ever been on.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Gumbo View Post
    do you prefer to kill them yourself, or call them to the gun for somebody less experienced/rookie?

YES !
    Last edited by Duckman#1; 03-08-2009 at 08:08 PM.
    80-20 Genaration

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    I wanted to take Mergie's sister and let her shoot first, but alas it's to late.
    It's never too late. You can still take her anytime you want. Just bring a shovel and a wheelbarrow. Oh and you may want to bring some nose plugs too. I'd imagine her deodorant has worn off by now.

BTW, if you and her do go and you don't find any turkeys you can always go fishing. Dig some bream bait right out of her eye sockets, and she has plenty of liver to use for catfish.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I have to commend everyone that enjoys the pleasure of bringing that kind of success to someone else. For me, turkey hunting is such a personal thing that I'd rather do it alone. I like the solitude and the "duel" aspect of it. I don't mind letting one walk and that's good, because they give me more than enough excuses to do just that.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
    For me, turkey hunting is such a personal thing that I'd rather do it alone. I like the solitude and the "duel" aspect of it.
    Oh I never said I didn't enjoy the one-on-one hunts either. Those can be almost spiritual at times.

Plus if I'm successful I can really 'embellish' the tale and aggrandize my expertise, since there are no witnesses around to see that is was all just luck. If I'm not successful I can tell everyone how expertly I performed my part, but something else screwed it up.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."