Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well one of my former Schools in Standing their ground , LGBT professor terminated

All of my life I have wondered what the residents of Sodom and Gomorrah were up to that displeased God so much...

Absolutely sickening, JAB.

Christian churches, schools, etc. need to be treating ALL sin the same way. Unfortunately, doing so would effectively eliminate that population. We hem and haw about gays and all that, all the while not realizing God's looking at us THE SAME WAY for categorizing certain sins (i.e. those we don't struggle with) as worse than other sin. This mentality is the very personification of hypocrisy and will be the fall of the Christian church. Jevans is pretty close to dead-on.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

They taught you half of the story about hate and the masks it hides behind. And half the reason they were expelled.

Just curious BB, do you attend a Church regularly?

Yes, sir.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Don't know where you're going with this, but my point is, we ALL sin. One ain't worse than the other in God's eyes. And that's coming from God and His Book, not me.

While we're discussing Anderson University, anyone by chance complete one of their Master's programs? If so, I got some questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Because while I recognize there’s some church’s out there like you’re describing, it’s not how ours operates.

Was just going to extend an invitation is all.

Best place a non-believer can be is in a LEGITIMATE, Christ-seeking church. Bible's got all the answers to back that up.

And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

^^^ I'm sure you know this, J, but he's talking about new believers more so than actual children.

And what commandment is considered the most important? Let's start there.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 07-04-2022 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    AU is private, right? If so, I have no problem with it.

If it’s public, I’m against it.
    This is my feelings as well.

Also would they take the same stand if the employee was found to have had an affair or sex outside of wedlock? Sexual sin isn’t just wrong for fags.

Josh! My man! That's all I was trying to say. Thank you.

BB and WW. My question to you is whether you think there’s a difference between making a one night mistake, having too much to drink and allowing things to go too far and having sex out of wedlock versus living with a girlfriend before marriage? I would suggest that they are different. Both sin, but one represents a momentary sin of weakness while the other is an conscious adoption of a sinful lifestyle.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    So in calling out Christians for their hypocrisy of being more hateful towards certain sins than other your turn around and agree with a statement that shows hatred towards the said group you were initially defending?

Sounds hypocritical.

Don't know where you're going with this, but my point is, we ALL sin. One ain't worse than the other in God's eyes. And that's coming from God and His Book, not me.

You shall know a tree by its fruit.

You can not call yourself a Christian and continue to live in blatant sin. Homosexuality, constant drunkenness, perpetual lying, hating groups of people, the list goes on and on. There are plenty examples of sin and to continue to live in them with no remorse or guilt is a sure sign that you are not saved by Christ. A Christian wakes up in the morning, recognizes that he is a sinner, thanks God for Christ’s blood that reconciles him, and then he goes to war with the sin that attempts to consume him. Read Romans 7.

There are crack addicts right now who are battling their addictions with all the grace God has given them and they will be in heaven when they die. And there are homosexuals out there right now trying to convince themselves and the church that their actions are not sinful.

Please read your Bibles. Pray for understanding. Seek God and his ways. Do not be duped by the “tolerance” of this world. Be men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I imagine so, this is common in the private sector. We take a 2 hr course on ethics and agree to comply .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I only read your first paragraph and I'm pretty sure you have no clue. AU and North Greenville are pretty comparable universities in the upstate. NGU has a no alcohol policy for staff and students. I'm not saying it's never broken by the staff, but if the school knew of it they can terminate. I'm sure AU has very close the same standard.
    https://scducks.com/forum/newreply.p...eply&p=2997634

I had no idea AC (now AU) had such strict policies. The brief time I lived in Anderson in my early 20's, I partied with some gals at AC, and there was absolutely no indication they were worried about getting caught drinking or gettin caught with the giant sack of shrooms in their freezer etc. Regardless, my point was that I doubt anyone on here will ever know everything surround the hiring and firing of this person.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!