Thread: Springfield M1A rifle

Default Springfield M1A rifle

Does anyone have one? If so how do you like them and are they worth the roughly $2000......before optics
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Have one? No. A buddy had a SoCom and if you consider 2-5" depending on ammo at 100yds accurate then it was. May have been an anomaly but, I wasn't impressed with the gun. Neither was he since he sold it. My M1 Garand was more accurate and it was bone stock from the CMP.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

A tricked out National Match is a joy to shoot and one of the best iron sight platform I've ever shot. If you're going to put optics on it, get an AR10.

You can always start with a Norinco and upgrade a few parts to squeeze some more accuracy from it. Reports from several years ago were the Chinese barrels were pretty good (contrary to what had been thought of them).
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter