Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hunt Club Rules

No one actually sticks a pin where they hang their climber. You just put your tag on the closest marked stand near it. You fuck around and stick a pin hole on the map where your "honey hole" is and see if you don't have visitors! Hunt club members be scheming like hell! They will analyze the markings on a sign in board like a crime lab! Also, all of your movements on club property must be made with the sensitivity given a clandestine mission. Don't think you aren't being followed!
    Last edited by Bulltallow; 09-29-2016 at 02:33 PM.
    Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by Bulltallow View Post
    No one actually sticks a pin where they hang their climber. You just put your tag on the closest marked stand near it. You fuck around and stick a pin hole on the map where your "honey hole" is and see if you don't have visitors!
    thanks for the tip, cotton
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Rule # 13
    There will be no knitting while in deer stand
    #14) Attendance at Pinterest saturdays are mandatory. Drop off your used pallets and painting supplies at the club house prior to the event.

so if a member shoots a buck and can't find it can he say it was a doe?
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Okay, just for grins - I found a set of our rules from 2010. A few rules have changed, but I'll post them up. A lot of it is common sense, but the prez is likely correct in that you can't assume correctness. I'll comment where I feel need, and paraphrase the hell out of it.

1: All members agree to abide by SC DNR and Federal hunting laws.

2: Consumption of alcohol before or during a hunt is prohibited.

3: In camp, all firearms will be presented unloaded, bolts/actions open, and also when being transported to and from stands.

4: Approved safety harness must be worn (I've never had mine "approved" - and some stands understandably are not conducive to it)

5: You MUST sign out for your stand and sign back in when leaving. Turkey hunters sign out for a zone. You also have to sign out when going to corn, work on stands, etc. In other words, if you are out on the property, you need to be signed out so people know where to look for you if shit goes bad.

6: When hunting, you have to go directly to your area/stand. If you change your mind, go back to camp and change it.

7: Don't "scout" going to and from the stand. Scouting only allowed between 12:00 noon and 2:00 PM during the season. No restrictions outside of season. (They have cut it back to reduce scouting during the rut now as well). Do NOT scout or go near a members private stand.

8: The rifle range is open during 12 noon and 2 PM and closed on Sunday.

9: An article of orange clothing must be worn to and from the stand - can be removed in the stand.

10: NO man drives or "stalking" allowed. Still hunting only.

11: If you shoot a deer, do not track the deer outside the immediate area of your stand until the other hunters in that area have signed in.

12: Do NOT move or adjust club stands.

13: Carry your trash out with you.

14: Drive slow on club roads (10 mph "speed limit" - we don't have a radar gun)

15: Lock all gates after passing through.

16: Use of fire is prohibited (this is a campsite rule - not followed or enforced much)

17: No camping (outside the campsite) - hunting and fishing only use of land.

18: If you clean your deer onsite, use the shed and leave it clean. Dispose of waste in the trench provided.

19: Describes the boundaries of our "trophy area", then goes on to say: In that area, only bucks with 8 pts or more, AND outside the ears spread, and does (when legal) may be harvested. Fine for a substandard buck in that area is $200. Each member limited to 2 bucks/year on that tract. Shoot a third buck in there, $300. Only guests in there are your kids/spouse, and anything shoot, buckwise, counts against your two.

20: Spikes/cow horns cannot be taken anywhere on club.

21: Sunday hunting not allowed on stands 1 -7 (land owner rule).

22: Fishing allowed in ponds at any time, if nobody hunting nearby.

23: (Guest policy described - it has changed) Essentially, guests are allowed, the same guest can only come up to five days/year. Guest fee is $20/day. Guests must sign a release form. (Fewer guests allowed during turkey season). Guest is limited to one deer per sit, penalty of $150/deer after that. Spouse/family (kids under 23) hunt free. Parent can hunt up to 5 times, but free (like if you want to bring your dad). If you leave the club, you cannot come back as a guest the following year.

24: There is a "club camper" - fee is $20/night to use it.

25: Shooting dink deer - bucks with less than 3 points on one side, does under 60 lbs, spikes, or cow horns will earn you a $100 fine. Every subsequent offense goes up $50. See #19 for trophy area fines.

26: Doe tags provided at no charge (he mails your first one to you).

27: Prior to placing a private stand, you must get the Prez's permission to ensure it's safe and not too close to someone elses or a club stand. Stand must be marked on the map, and have your name on the stand itself. Stand cannot be placed closer than 200 yds from another stand (club or private) and you are limited to two private stands.

28: There may be additional rules posted at the sign in board, range, etc. - such rules must be followed.

29: All kills must be recorded in the Kill Log in the sign out book. Failure to do so will result in your expulsion from the club. All deer must be weighed in camp. Try to sneak a dink or smaller-than-allowed deer off the property, the fine triples. Second offense, bye bye.

30: Youth hunters must be at least 14 years old to sit alone.

Whewwwwww...... but I have to admit that it not ambiguous. A lot of rules are driven BECAUSE someone did something stupid.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    we got it worked out.
    here's a copy of the email I had waiting on me when I got to work today

I have thought about your suggestions and here are my thoughts.
    4) Certainly don’t mind using a sign in board and I don’t think anyone else would object. The main reason for rule 4 is safety, safety, safety! If someone gets hurt are needs assistance, we have to know where to go. Text or sign-in board accomplish this goal. Until we get the sign-in board up, we need to the group text, I hope to set-up today.
    5) I understand your concern but trust me, no one in the club has nowhere near the free time you have so the likely hood of us kill him is slim. So I am willing to compromise with, give a monthly total of how many time you hunted the club, how many yearlings, does, bucks and quality bucks you saw. Again the purpose of this rule is to give everyone an idea of the deer inventory we have.
    Ask him on what date each year your club will hold the election for club President. Tell him you are interested in running

Does he have an unwritten rule that you refer to him as "Mr President?"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Does he have an unwritten rule that you refer to him as "Mr President?"

I'm thinking about starting a hunting club. I haven't made it far on my rules but #1 is that I am to be addressed as "Governor". And not in a yankee dialect. In a slow 2 syllable Guvna.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 10-01-2016 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I'm thinking about starting a hunting club. I haven't made it far on my rules but #1 is that I am to be addressed as "Governor". And not in a yankee dialect. In a slow 2 syllable Guvna.
    I'd join! I spent enough time on that farm in Gable to know there's some very nice deer out there Mr Guvnuh.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I'd join! I spent enough time on that farm in Gable to know there's some very nice deer out there Mr Guvnuh.

You will be addressed as the enforcer. We're gonna need someone to stay on top of all these rules.