Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 16 and a Button

I would have killed that one too Jon. Too close to the house with young children around.
    E T

Around the house is an automatic penalty.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Nice killin, that is a big snake!
    Unlike CD, I was coming down hwy 24 a few years ago, two lanes out in the middle of nowhere and saw a commotion ahead.
    I slow down and see cars stopped and people gathered. I walk up there and a huge rattler is coiled up in the middle
    of the road and three or four old folks (really old) say to me, "have you got anything in your truck to kill a snake with?"
    I shit you not
    I said, "I think so" and walked back to my truck. I came back with my AR15 pistol and said, "yall stand behind me" and
    I commenced to cutting him into pieces. The old folks looked at me like I was from outter space as I didn't say a word, got back in my truck and drove
    down the ditch and went around them. I look in my rearview and they were waving bye to me
    Too bad you weren't on a horse and rockin' a ten-gallon hat. Was there any tumbleweed at least?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    Only thing I was afraid of was my young children crossing paths with it in my yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    amen. you dont have to justify shit to these people. You be you.

and when is my okra gonna be ready?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

How about post up a pic of the badass dog that had him bayed. I'd like to see him. Must have snake dog in his bloodline?

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Nice killin, that is a big snake!
    Unlike CD, I was coming down hwy 24 a few years ago, two lanes out in the middle of nowhere and saw a commotion ahead.
    I slow down and see cars stopped and people gathered. I walk up there and a huge rattler is coiled up in the middle
    of the road and three or four old folks (really old) say to me, "have you got anything in your truck to kill a snake with?"
    I shit you not
    I said, "I think so" and walked back to my truck. I came back with my AR15 pistol and said, "yall stand behind me" and
    I commenced to cutting him into pieces. The old folks looked at me like I was from outter space as I didn't say a word, got back in my truck and drove
    down the ditch and went around them. I look in my rearview and they were waving bye to me
    They knew that they were in the presence of greatness. It's hard to come up words in a situation like that.

Default 16 and a Button

Killed another one today in almost the exact same spot as the first one. This one was stretched out sunning in the leaves. I didn’t even see him until my foot was about to come down on his back. I think I did two back flips and a cart wheel to get away from him. He never moved or rattled probably because it was so cool out. Called my wife to bring me a gun and the flat shovel. She brought me a pistol...not exactly what I was asking for but obviously she had confidence in my shooting abilities. I didn’t like the approach with the shovel this time so I shot his nose off with the pistol then went to work with the shovel.
    I skinned him out about 5 hours later and his heart was still beating. Also he had 2 field mice in him. My wife and kids got a thrill out of the biology lesson.

Watch your step out there fellas! I was potentially a few inches away from a trip to the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 05-09-2020 at 08:06 PM.

Does nobody else whack snakes across the back with a stick?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

It's time for you to move!

I was walking in the woods with the kids and came across this shed. It was a good chance to teach them about biology, nature and how to not spend the rest of their lives being giant pussies about a legless animal.
    BAD4D247-84FB-43EA-9FED-E4F2A7870EF7.jpg

Kill them all.
    Slitherin bastards

Yeah, yeah, good kill.

What's this I hear about okra?

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    When a commoner tells you they gave a venomous snake a pass, that means they were to scared to kill it. Know that
    Def not true. I saw about a 3.5 ft canebreak in the road last week and didn’t kill it. Got out of my truck and grabbed a stick trying to get him to rattle but he wouldn’t. Shy and eased off. Could’ve killed him 10x over and would’ve if he was in or near my yard. Used it as a learning lesson for my kids on what to look for (they were in back seat)

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    Def not true. I saw about a 3.5 ft canebreak in the road last week and didn’t kill it. Got out of my truck and grabbed a stick trying to get him to rattle but he wouldn’t. Shy and eased off. Could’ve killed him 10x over and would’ve if he was in or near my yard. Used it as a learning lesson for my kids on what to look for (they were in back seat)
    It is true why the hell would you let it go? So it can come back and bite you later?

Ever wonder how many we step over or sit next to during turkey season? Guessing way more than we would ever imagine.

I enjoy killing them
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by coonsqualler01 View Post
    Ever wonder how many we step over or sit next to during turkey season? Guessing way more than we would ever imagine.
    It has to be a ton
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor4 View Post
    It is true why the hell would you let it go? So it can come back and bite you later?
    Not in my backyard, not invasive. I’ll kill about every cottonmouth I see and any poisonous snake hanging around the yard.

If you are worried about a snake over a mile away from your homestead killing you then you have bigger problems lol

Quote Originally Posted by BowfinClassic View Post
    I was walking in the woods with the kids and came across this shed. It was a good chance to teach them about biology, nature and how to not spend the rest of their lives being giant pussies about a legless animal.
    You missed a great opportunity to see her do a panic dance. When she was distracted by the camera, you should have covertly tickled her ear and watched her do the windmill dance. I never miss an opportunity like that when there is a snake, mouse or bug around. My wife has become immune to it.

My dog did a panic dance two weeks ago. There was a black racer snake near the pond landing that slithered over near my 4 wheeler. I told my dog to "load up" and he ran right on top of the snake before he noticed it. When he saw it, he levitated and somehow managed to get enough traction on the air to land a few feet away. He wouldn't ride with me for about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by BowfinClassic View Post
    Good job!