Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kudos to the boy

Doing work on the jig. Nice job and looked like a good day for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    thats awesome
    bring me some filets

how loud is boozer on flat, open seas?
    asking for a friend...
    You didn’t hear much out of him, he was too busy catching fish.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

They ain’t that many fish in the ocean…..

Great day at the groceries. Y'all can have all that trollin'. That's grocery shopping at its finest.

Cannot wait to get back down and do that again.

Outstanding, triggers, most aggravating to clean fish on the bottom but its worth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Outstanding, triggers, most aggravating to clean fish on the bottom but its worth it!
    Nah, you just need Jarrett 80 to show you the proper method.....
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Nah, you just need Jarrett 80 to show you the proper method.....
    There's a process to cleaning them. It's not hard at all.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Awesome.

Awesome day. Last few times I have just cut the heads off and charred them on the grill. They are awesome that way. 8B474B95-51F9-4F38-B71C-78834F253890.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    Awesome day. Last few times I have just cut the heads off and charred them on the grill. They are awesome that way. 8B474B95-51F9-4F38-B71C-78834F253890.jpg
    I am sure someone will come along and tell you that you cannot cook a damn potato!
    Thinking smart is not tolerated around here.
    DILLIGAF

Triggers are not hard to clean...at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

A serrated filet knife goes a long way on cleaning a trigger fish. Once you get through the skin with the serrated knife it’s smooth sailing.
    More Ducks, Less People

Quote Originally Posted by scquackaddict View Post
    A serrated filet knife goes a long way on cleaning a trigger fish. Once you get through the skin with the serrated knife it’s smooth sailing.
    That or a Bubba Blade electric/battery and a 9" stiff blade. My fishing partner/buddy is a fish cleaning machine, he was on the armstrong knife and I was on the Bubba, we made quick work on them. People can talk crap about an electric/auto knife but when you start cleaning 60+ a trip, I'm not worried a bit about being cool or a traditionalist, I'm too tired by that point to care.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    Thinking smart is not tolerated around here.
    My favorite way to cook fish is to filet without scaling or skinning and grilling scales down. Doesnt stick to the grill, doesnt fall apart, and you actually get some flavor from the skin. Winning.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    My favorite way to cook fish is to filet without scaling or skinning and grilling scales down. Doesnt stick to the grill, doesnt fall apart, and you actually get some flavor from the skin. Winning.
    Even better when done on the beach while the fuggers are still breathing.
    DILLIGAF

There's a process to cleaning them. It's not hard at all.
    Not hard one bit, just takes a hair longer than the others and I've cleaned 100s of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Not hard one bit, just takes a hair longer than the others and I've cleaned 100s of them.
    I'm over 100 in three trips this year, on the triggers, getting really good and efficient at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    Even better when done on the beach while the fuggers are still breathing.
    Yessir. We used to do mullet like that when they still ran the seine nets in the fall. Split them down the back still alive, wash them off in the surf, and put on top of a burn barrel burning fat lighter. Eat with cold numb hands and I still dont think I have had better fish.

When I was running oil rigs a couple guys from new Iberia only cooked fish like that. That’s how I do it a lot now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    That or a Bubba Blade electric/battery and a 9" stiff blade. My fishing partner/buddy is a fish cleaning machine, he was on the armstrong knife and I was on the Bubba, we made quick work on them. People can talk crap about an electric/auto knife but when you start cleaning 60+ a trip, I'm not worried a bit about being cool or a traditionalist, I'm too tired by that point to care.
    I quickly learned the best way I could help was to stand back way outta the way and hold ziplocks open. Any attempt to get close could have resulted in filet by catch.