Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Poult Report

I just saw my first clutch behind the house. They were somewhere around 15 or so the size of a grouse.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Two weeks ago in Southern Greenville County there was a lone hen seen with 1 poult on our club. Saturday, just the hen by her lonesome in the same area. I have also seen a couple of solitary hens in Pickens County.

Last day of zone 2 season I saw a hen with about 15 poults. Haven't been back.
    Carolina Counsel

I haven't seen any and I've been coyote hunting pretty hard for the last month. My buddy said he saw one hen with a couple about 2 weeks ago. Mostly Darlington/Lee county but I've done a lot of 4wheeler riding in our club in Kershaw county and haven't seen any there either.

Gilbert - Lexington County

I have 2 hens with 19 poults hanging out in a mature wheat/oat field. I have been watching them for the past week. The poults are big enough to fly short distances. They let me get pretty close to them to check them out.

Yesterday I saw two strutting Toms with 3 hens in another one of my fields. 1 strutted the entire time while the other took his turn riding the ladies.

Seems pretty late for that type of activity?

I tried to get a picture/video to post up but they were too far away to make out in the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero in Greenville, Anderson, and Abbeville.

Zero in Berkeley and Williamsburg according to my personal observations and others.

I was very hopeful and optimistic but the weather screwed them once again.

3 groups of 10 in a tract we got in East edisto. Saw poults during the season as well.

Yup. No reason to even try hunting next season.
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 06-02-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Yup. No reason to even try hunting next season.
    That's becoming the truth in some areas.

No doubt. Didn’t even carry a gun a single time at the farm this spring. Found turkeys in other areas though. Haven’t seen any poults yet, typical around here as everything is waste deep. Usually see them later on. Pretty sure I got a hen nesting in front pasture though. Weather couldn’t have helped this year and pretty sure pressure during the season was heavier than normal. Sad that the new regs will probably be judged on current circumstances.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

13 counted this morning in Clarendon by my father in law, they were big enough to fly.
    Last edited by davisd9; 06-05-2020 at 07:20 AM.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Saw a hen with 9 poults in Newberry April 29th. I’ve seen 3 other hens in Saluda and Newberry county with poults the last 2 weeks.

Default 2020 Poult Report

Quote Originally Posted by scduckcmdr View Post
    Saw a hen with 9 poults in Newberry April 29th. I’ve seen 3 other hens in Saluda and Newberry county with poults the last 2 weeks.
    Great. We stayed Saluda county for about two months during the #pandemic. I never saw a turkey in any of the hundreds of acres of fields.
    Last edited by britton40; 06-05-2020 at 08:11 AM.

Saw roughly 20 two hens in dillon county
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Default 2020 Poult Report

Saw 9 with a hen yesterday on the Clarendon Willyburg line. The road I saw them in was flooded 48hours before. They were about the size of a pigeon.
    Last edited by trkykilr; 06-07-2020 at 07:04 PM.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

One hen with one poult yesterday out back. Thought I jumped her off a nest, but no eggs. Poult was over 1 wk old. Kershaw County.

Saw a hen in the same spot twice today both times she made a point of leading me away while keeping herself very obvious until I was at least 150 yards away. I’d imagine I’ll see poults next time I’m down.

Saw 3 hens with 18-20 poults about 12” Friday morning. Saw a hen yesterday with probably 12 that couldn’t fly yet. All in Clarendon Co.

3 hens and 7 poults in yard this morn.
    10411567-3E33-48C0-B881-98723304BF66.jpg