Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Clemson vs Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Troy? Seriously? Riding the coat tails of Troy. Little wood I'm glad you came off the back of that milk carton from Saturday. I needed a smile.
    I didn't rank Troy. I will not be on the committee that will consider Troy a ranked win I am just giving you facts. I know you hear SEC and think 14 Alabama's but Troy would win the SEC lEast. There will likely be an unranked team in the SEC championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I did leave those wins out and they were good wins. Louisville beating Houston and Kentucky will negate those wins, ....especially if they blow them out.

Bobby Petrino now has his foot on the gas and Clemson will not jump them.
    Don't forget the blond on the back of Petrino's Harley. That has to count for something too Cattdaddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Penn State is #9. Or you calling it how it works best for your argument?

Boom
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I didn't rank Troy. I will not be on the committee that will consider Troy a ranked win I am just giving you facts. I know you hear SEC and think 14 Alabama's but Troy would win the SEC lEast. There will likely be an unranked team in the SEC championship.

My apologies, I forgot how stacked the coastal division was
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

The coastal is equally as bad.

Eye test. And everyone's eye test is saying Louisville is better than Clemson
    There was an eye test when they played each other. The eye test was Clemson won the game.

Troy? Seriously? Riding the coat tails of Troy. Little wood I'm glad you came off the back of that milk carton from Saturday. I needed a smile.
    So do ranked wins matter or not? Can't have it both ways.

Troy is a ranked team. Period. With one loss, to Clemson.

This is where Clemson fans are thinking in the back of their mind that they can beat bama. Cause last year was close and all.

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    There was an eye test when they played each other. The eye test was Clemson won the game.
    The eye test for these two are the NC State and FSU games. Blow outs by Louisville and squeakers for Clemson. That tells the better story.

As far as the Louisville /Clemson game, the committee knows(just like the rest of the football world), that Louisville was one more play from the win.

Even though tater tech will holler conference championship, it will fall of deaf ears with this committee.

Bad enough Clemson's "dual threat" QB won't get the Heisman

The eye test for these two are the NC State and FSU games. Blow outs by Louisville and squeakers for Clemson. That tells the better story.

As far as the Louisville /Clemson game, the committee knows(just like the rest of the football world), that Louisville was one more play from the win.

Even though tater tech will holler conference championship, it will fall of deaf ears with this committee.
    If you truly believe this, and aren't just trolling, then you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the committee makes decisions. And we don't have to guess how they do it...they've told us their recipe. You don't have to like it, but the fact is Clemson gets in over Louisville...all day...every day.

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    If you truly believe this, and aren't just trolling, then you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the committee makes decisions. And we don't have to guess how they do it...they've told us their recipe. You don't have to like it, but the fact is Clemson gets in over Louisville...all day...every day.
    You are not considering these two teams have 6 common opponents ,counting themselves. The committee will blaze it's own trail on this one. Too much data to go in any other direction.

You are not considering these two teams have 6 common opponents ,counting themselves. The committee will blaze it's own trail on this one. Too much data to go in any other direction.
    The committee will undermine its own authority if they do what you are suggesting, and it will not happen. Assuming everything plays out so that this is even an issue (both teams win out), let's just revisit this after the playoff is set. We'll see who was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    As well as the ACC championship.... Your point?

Clemson is not out of the playoffs by any means.

They will be 4th, behind Louisville/OSU/BAMA.

You need to pray that OSU or Louisville loses in the next few weeks to get out of the 4th spot to not have to play BAMA.
    "Sweet, hard to beat cold beer and deer drowing."

If you are correct at the 4 teams, Clemson would jump Louisville after winning the ACC. There's still a bunch of football to played and after last weekend we should know there will be more shuffling. I agree nobody is beating Bama, on a bad they are better than anybody else unless they have 5 plus turnovers.

Straight out of the College Football Playoff Selection Criteria

http://d30ratpzqzalg7.cloudfront.net...XJQFmkEd00PiAY

The criteria to be provided to the selection committee must be aligned with the ideals of the commissioners, Presidents, athletic directors and coaches to honor regular season success while at the same time providing enough flexibility and discretion to select a non-champion or independent under circumstances where that particular non-champion or independent is unequivocally one of the four best teams in the country.

When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable, then the following criteria must be considered:

Championships won
    Strength of schedule
    Head-to-head competition (if it occurred)
    Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory)

We believe that a committee of experts properly instructed (based on beliefs that the regular season is unique and must be preserved; and that championships won on the field and strength of schedule are important values that must be incorporated into the selection process) has very strong support throughout the college football community

So, the $64000 question is, will the committee continue to think that Louisville is unequivocally one of the four best teams in the country.

I dont know the answer. I have an opinion, just as most of you do.

I have no idea where the committee will fall.

but the unequivocal requirement is a pretty high hurdle to get over. Especially since there is a head to head score.

If it were a one loss Michigan (with only loss to OSU) vs a one loss Clemson, I would say Clemson is out. But having a one loss conference champ vs a one loss non conference champ with head to head score; it would be hard for me to see that happening.

But thats why college football is so popular.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Penn State is #9. Or you calling it how it works best for your argument?
    That helps clemson's argument as they also lost to Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    This is where Clemson fans are thinking in the back of their mind that they can beat bama. Cause last year was close and all.
    Are y'all still 5 yards away from a national championship or have you given that up?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Clemson would be a great team if they could at some point play to their potential for four quarters.
    Fails to realize that Clemson finally DID play to their potential just 2 days ago after threatening to all season long...

Nobody ever beats Clemson. They can only beat themselves.