Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Carolina Bear Hunting (mountains)

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    My sister's back yard is a great place to get one. She also back up to public land. It's for sale by the way.

Attachment 40219

Attachment 40220
    That bear in the bottom photo needs to be hit in the snoot with something. He looks too casual.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Where's her house?

I wandered around the Pisgah a few days ago with the kids and my wife, found some fresh bear shit. Going back this weekend to see if I can find one.
    Nebo
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post

I might have to bait some behind the house. I’d rather kill one in the woods though.
    You seem like a pretty smart dude so I'm sure you thought about this but do you really think that is a good idea? It sounds to me like feeding alligators. I don't know shit about bears other than what Ive read online but it sounds like once they lose their fear of humans they can be a pain in the ass.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    You seem like a pretty smart dude so I'm sure you thought about this but do you really think that is a good idea? It sounds to me like feeding alligators. I don't know shit about bears other than what Ive read online but it sounds like once they lose their fear of humans they can be a pain in the ass.
    When I say “backyard”, I mean a couple hundred yards or so. Definitely don’t want them at the back porch.

I was planning on hunting today, until I strained my back some how on Halloween. Decided a 4+ mile hike with elevation changes and potential for a pack out wasn’t in the cards.

"Dukkllr" or some variation of duck killer on here killed a bear on public in the SC upstate years back and posted the details I think. A search might turn it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Nebo
    Nebo as in right down 17 from SeeWee? We have had some feeders clawed off Willow Hall rd.