Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting in shape

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Elliptical or join your mom or grandma for water aerobics.
    I’ve thought about swimming laps. Lost a ton of weight to go to Philmont swimming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

last time i played tennis my knee swole up like a softball. it is good exercise though.

If you hate going to a gym to lift weights, get some resistance bands. After my shoulder injury and decision to avoid surgery, I did some reading and found a great alternative to free weights or machines.

These are versatile and come with a lifetime warranty. You can do squats, deads, shoulder or chest presses, shrugs, seated rows, bent over rows, as well as many arm exercises. They're easier on your shoulders because you can adjust your grip so your palms are toward your body.

https://www.amazon.com/UPOWEX-Pull-A...fitness&sr=1-4

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    If you hate going to a gym to lift weights, get some resistance bands. After my shoulder injury and decision to avoid surgery, I did some reading and found a great alternative to free weights or machines.

These are versatile and come with a lifetime warranty. You can do squats, deads, shoulder or chest presses, shrugs, seated rows, bent over rows, as well as many arm exercises. They're easier on your shoulders because you can adjust your grip so your palms are toward your body.

https://www.amazon.com/UPOWEX-Pull-A...fitness&sr=1-4
    Those are great. I used those while in physical therapy for my arm. I am going to order a set for the house.
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    last time i played tennis my knee swole up like a softball. it is good exercise though.
    I got a guy that can fix that. He fixed my wife's and she was back on the court in 2-weeks with no further problems. This guy is the KRT of knee's
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

grouse hunt for one season in the NC mountains...if you don't die, you will be in shape.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    I got a guy that can fix that. He fixed my wife's and she was back on the court in 2-weeks with no further problems. This guy is the KRT of knee's
    Did it require surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    grouse hunt for one season in the NC mountains...if you don't die, you will be in shape.
    I've always wanted to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    Did it require surgery?
    Yep
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Download the app called LoseIt. Anytime I am trying to drop a few pounds its worked great for me. You get a daily calorie budget and can earn extra calories for any type of exercise/ physical activity. And eat a lot of pickles.

Jim Wendler 5-3-1 + run 10 miles per week

Who says you have to give anything up? I had a killer workout routine, go to the gym 4 days a week and workout for an hour. Leave the gym and grab a beer out of the cooler, light up a smoke then swing by Burger King for a couple of Whoppers and large fries on the way home.
    I used to sit in my garage with the door open riding a stationary bike on days I didn't go to the gym drinking beer.
    I'm 59 now and mostly relegated to doing 12oz. curls these days but I feel great.
    And my dog thinks I'm the greatest thing in the world.
    It's all about the attitude dude.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Who says you have to give anything up? I had a killer workout routine, go to the gym 4 days a week and workout for an hour. Leave the gym and grab a beer out of the cooler, light up a smoke then swing by Burger King for a couple of Whoppers and large fries on the way home.
    I used to sit in my garage with the door open riding a stationary bike on days I didn't go to the gym drinking beer.
    I'm 59 now and mostly relegated to doing 12oz. curls these days but I feel great.
    And my dog thinks I'm the greatest thing in the world.
    It's all about the attitude dude.
    Lol. I'm 24 and not in the best shape. Trying to beat the statistic and live passed 55

You need to clean and then jerk for a wod

Come work with me and I guarantee results. No need to pay me! Save money on a gym membership at the same time! We drink water, bangs, and diet my dew for hydration

ETA: you have to keep up with me to get optimal results.
    Last edited by beanhunter; 05-30-2019 at 07:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    Come work with me and I guarantee results. No need to pay me! Save money on a gym membership at the same time! We drink water, bangs, and diet my dew for hydration

ETA: you have to keep up with me to get optimal results.
    I'm looking forward to starting work next week. From working full time, back to college drinkin natty everyday has done a number. Cruising timber alone I bet I drop 25 lbs.

I'm late to this party, but:

1. No fast food
    2. Water only
    3. Every dinner should be a meat and 2/3 vegetables(if it isn't supposed to be refrigerated, it isn't supposed to be in your belly)

This isn't hard. Some of us are just built bigger, so don't have unrealistic expectations. 8 hours of sleep, 3-5 good meals a day and 30 minutes to an hour of elevated heart rate will be mean you've felt the best you ever have in your entire life.

ETA: Unless your morbid, a few beers/bottle of wine/a couple of liquor drinks are fine in the evening if you've lived right during the day.
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 05-30-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post

1. No fast food
    2. Water only
    3. Every dinner should be a meat and 2/3 vegetables(if it isn't supposed to be refrigerated, it isn't supposed to be in your belly)

This isn't hard. Some of us are just built bigger, so don't have unrealistic expectations. 8 hours of sleep, 3-5 good meals a day and 30 minutes to an hour of elevated heart rate will be mean you've felt the best you ever have in your entire life.

ETA: Unless your morbid, a few beers/bottle of wine/a couple of liquor drinks are fine in the evening if you've lived right during the day.
    Absolutely. I’ll still have a few. It’s all about moderation

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post

1. No fast food
    2. Water only

Sugary drinks might be the single biggest contributor to obesity. Decrease your intake of simple sugars you will be amazed him little you crave them, to a point where sugar will make you feel bad. Preparing your own meals might be the second most important part, you eat less and when you plan a meal you don't use cravings to dictate what you eat to the same degree.

Don't get caught up in the type of exercise as some on here say... no it doesn't have to suck. Get your heart rate up for longer than 20-30 minutes a time majority days of the week. You decide how you do that and you will be much more likely to stick with it. Accountability is VITAL. Talk it up with those close to you.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

No beer, zesto, liquor drinks
    Absolutely. I’ll still have a few. It’s all about moderation
    Which is gonna be?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...