View Poll Results: Will you watch the Super Bowl?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 34.33%
  • No

88 65.67%

Thread: Will you watch?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Ain’t nobody fighting over a duck. Duck is the nastiest tasting game animal in North America. Raccoon is freaking delicious. Ducks, you can’t give them sumbiches away....
    You must live up in one of the hollers near where I was born and raised, Jethro. LOL. Buddy of mine was a big coon hunter. Swore it was delicious meat. The only catch was the appearance. He said, "You can't just put the whole critter on the table 'cause it looks like you're serving up somebody's fucked up, hump-back poodle dog."

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    You must live up in one of the hollers near where I was born and raised, Jethro. LOL. Buddy of mine was a big coon hunter. Swore it was delicious meat. The only catch was the appearance. He said, "You can't just put the whole critter on the table 'cause it looks like you're serving up somebody's fucked up, hump-back poodle dog."
    Duck tastes like absolute shit! It’s funny how people look down on some of the best tasting game and put duck on a pedestal.

When I was i high school, there was a poor older couple that lived by our hunting property that I would take game and fish to. They would take anything and were very appreciative. They loved deer, hogs, coons, rabbits, squirrels, and any fish. I took them about a 30 pound grass carp one time and they loved it. The first time I took them a mess of ducks, they said “we haven’t ever had them before but we sure are gonna eat them!” The second time I took them a mess of ducks they said, “please don’t get me wrong, we sure appreciate it when you bring us food. We eat it and enjoy it but if you don't mind, we don’t want any more of them ducks!” True story!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Duck tastes like absolute shit! It’s funny how people look down on some of the best tasting game and put duck on a pedestal.

When I was i high school, there was a poor older couple that lived by our hunting property that I would take game and fish to. They would take anything and were very appreciative. They loved deer, hogs, coons, rabbits, squirrels, and any fish. I took them about a 30 pound grass carp one time and they loved it. The first time I took them a mess of ducks, they said “we haven’t ever had them before but we sure are gonna eat them!” The second time I took them a mess of ducks they said, “please don’t get me wrong, we sure appreciate it when you bring us food. We eat it and enjoy it but if you don't mind, we don’t want any more of them ducks!” True story!!!!
    There's no accounting for taste, Daddy Rabbit.

There's no accounting for taste, Daddy Rabbit.
    Canada goose being a prime example. I have tried them many ways from SC to the Midwest. They all were rubbery livery disgusting. I have had them in Saskatchewan cooked by people whose ancestors depended on them to feed their families and they are incredible. Roasted, crock potted, BBQ'd. All delicious...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Canada goose being a prime example. I have tried them many ways from SC to the Midwest. They all were rubbery livery disgusting. I have had them in Saskatchewan cooked by people whose ancestors depended on them to feed their families and they are incredible. Roasted, crock potted, BBQ'd. All delicious...
    Breast get ground up into onion sausage and the legs are soaking in gravy. Saw a recipe on the instagram and it was pretty good. Ill definitely start keeping the legs.
    Last edited by coot nasty; 02-02-2021 at 03:14 PM.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

"You can't just put the whole critter on the table 'cause it looks like you're serving up somebody's fucked up, hump-back poodle dog."
    Lord have mercy. That's disturbing.

Back in September I read a book called “The CoonHunter’s Handbook”. One chapter was devoted to the skinning and preparation of the coon for the table. It basically said the same thing as your buddy, just in a more elegant way.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...